Car and Bike Talk

rod

Retired 22 years
1658547989455.png

I sure hope this kind of crap don't catch on.

clean hairy

GM is requiring a 3 year subscription to On Star for a mandatory price of $900-$1,500 in addition to the sticker price.
You don't want to pay, you can't buy the vehicle.

oldngray

nowhere special
They will change it and add it into the MSRP then say they give you three years for free. Making you pay for it is a huge mistake.
OnStar is kind of nice but no way its worth the money. I bought my car used and has it but I never subscribed to it. I did use it to open my garage door until I replaced the opener and it didn't work with the new codes.

DriverNerd

This is why I intensely dislike dealing with car salesmen.

Honestly helpimng.
You and everyone else. There's just nothing about the dealership "experience" that is ok. Between the salesman, add-ons, extended warranties, haggling, financing, trade-in and paperwork; plus it takes half a day and you always, always, always feel you're getting screwed paying too much in the end.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I've spent the last few weeks working to tune up the AC in my truck. Turns out WA and CA have had all freon taken off the shelves. Finally got one can to actuall work with the tap I have and it took the whole thing.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
As a sailor I'm not that into powerboating but damn, this is one of the coolest powerboats I've ever seen. Only about $4m.

1660418420775.png

1660418432785.png