Car and Bike Talk

rod

Retired 22 years
1698285510272.png

rod

Retired 22 years
I guess that rear track assembly is a fairly easy swap back to the swing arm for warm weather.
Those MN guys can pull their ice fishing shacks around with it. LOL

That is why god invented ATV's and side by sides---and pickup trucks when the ice gets thick enough.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
That is why god invented ATV's and side by sides---and pickup trucks when the ice gets thick enough.
I met a guy that built a lawnmower from a Maico 125 2-stroke engine.
It's got a motorcycle throttle, redlines around12,000 rpm, makes one hell a noise, puts out blue smoke that hangs all around his yard and does a fair job of cutting grass and anything in its way.
It's fun.

qdg2

I met a guy that built a lawnmower from a Maico 125 2-stroke engine.
It's got a motorcycle throttle, redlines around12,000 rpm, makes one hell a noise, puts out blue smoke that hangs all around his yard and does a fair job of cutting grass and anything in its way.
It's fun.
Can't imagine a more UNRELIABLE engine(maybe something Italian)......every one I've ever seen is a grenade with the pin pulled. Most are used for display in vintage racing communities. Rarely used. I guess with a good supply of parts....maybe his is exceptional. The transmissions were the weak link. Maybe eliminate it in some way. I would like to see the engineering/solutions.

Maico Braico came honestly......

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Can't imagine a more UNRELIABLE engine(maybe something Italian)......every one I've ever seen is a grenade with the pin pulled. Most are used for display in vintage racing communities. Rarely used. I guess with a good supply of parts....maybe his is exceptional. The transmissions were the weak link. Maybe eliminate it in some way. I would like to see the engineering/solutions.

Maico Braico came honestly......
It is meant to be a very cool lawnmower....and it is!

qdg2

It is meant to be a very cool lawnmower....and it is!
Yes Sir.

Understood.

My interest was my experience with Maico 125's in vintage mx racing. Very few if any people actually campaign them. Proves where there is will there is a way.

Maico 125's are comparatively rare. Parts......good luck. Since they are usually fragile(in my experience)........interesting choice for a power plant.

How about a pic? Very interested. Please.