Car and Bike Talk

rod

Retired 22 years
1964©Rob // Flickr
- Absolute gas price: $0.32
- Inflation-adjusted price: $2.82 (#35 least expensive year in 85-year span)
In 1964, the median income for American families was $6,600 a year. This marked a strong year for consumers—this median income was 5% higher than it had been in 1963, and more than double what it had been in 1947. Absolute gas prices once again remained steady at $0.32 per gallon, meaning that at this time, a gallon of gas made up a slightly smaller percentage of a person's total income than it did in 2018.

The year I got my first car.

rod

Retired 22 years
1701122236528.png

rod

Retired 22 years
Is that you, Rod?
Nope --- Mama didn't raise no fool. I did get caught ONCE having to ride in the snow at Yellowstone. Left the campground in the morning when it was about 60 and returned later that day when it was in the 20's and snowing. Not fun.

PT Car Washer

Nope --- Mama didn't raise no fool. I did get caught ONCE having to ride in the snow at Yellowstone. Left the campground in the morning when it was about 60 and returned later that day when it was in the 20's and snowing. Not fun.
Rocky Mountain National Park in July. Snow wasn't sticking to the road but wet and cold.

rod

Retired 22 years
1701893312725.png

At least they have their safety equipment on. Loafers, slacks and a button down shirt-----and one of them is even wearing a helmet.