Cashout after retirement

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I just retired 01/1/20. How long does it take to get cashed out for vacations and sick days?
Thanks
Are you on vacation yet or officially off the payroll? I retired in August and my vacation ran until Oct 1. I received my pay for those 6 weeks in Oct.

Round the block again

I retired Jan 3, got my 6 week vacation pay Christmas week, then get rovers and sick days in February (2weeks) then first pension check will be April 15 with back pay from the time I get my rovers and sick days. Just call your union retirement office if you need to check. this is how it is for me - and it’s true better to retire early in a new year

rod

Retired 22 years
Officially off the payroll. Cashing out 7 weeks of vacation and 600 hours of sick leave.
600 hours of sick leave? How in the hell do you get 600 hours of sick leave? That's 15 weeks. We got ZERO sick leave - zilch. Damn you guys have it easy now days.

35years

Gravy route
600 hours of sick leave? How in the hell do you get 600 hours of sick leave? That's 15 weeks. We got ZERO sick leave - zilch. Damn you guys have it easy now days.
Yep,
It is absolute B S that other areas get soooo
much more then the South and Central. We get NO sick days, fewer vacation weeks, fewer personal holidays, and no "peer 80" or whatever its called to retire early on a full pension. Along with less paid break etc

He probally got to retire with less years in than you, with a bigger monthly check and a fully funded pension.

I hope Bug responds and says we can't compare the Central Region agreement with other areas because we get other perks.....I have never seen it posted what these other mythical perks are.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yep,
much more then the South and Central. We get NO sick days, fewer vacation weeks, fewer personal holidays, and no "peer 80" or whatever its called to retire early on a full pension. Along with less paid break etc

He probally got to retire with less years in than you, with a bigger monthly check and a fully funded pension.

I hope Bug responds and says we can't compare the Central Region agreement with other areas because we get other perks.....I have never seen it posted what these other mythical perks are.
But it's horrible in California!

542thruNthru

Yep,

We work harder.

Enough said. :)