Casual driver or PVD?

Any ideas on which could be more worth doing for the season?

From what it sounds like, the main difference is that casual drives UPS trucks (according to a manager in my center) though I've heard it can also be U-haul trucks.

My manager also claimed that some seasonal drivers have gone on to be full time drivers when I asked him. I understand that may be less common though.

For what it's worth I'm in the suburbs so I'm not sure if that makes it more or less (if anything) competitive for driver roles.

All that said, I do kind of enjoy driving in my own car too and I'm debating which way to go (PVD or casual driver). I realize some here may not like PVD's too so apologies if this is a weird topic.

Thanks

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
If you can figure out how brainless it is to deliver out of a package truck then go casual. Learn how to kill it and make a career here. If you drive like an :censored2: then don’t.

When you say...

"My manager"...

What does that mean?

Future post derailment helping
I mean the manager of the UPS location. I did PVD last year and he was one of the managers there.

I showed up for a scheduled road test (which didn't end up happening) and he explained that with casual I would be driving a truck instead of my car.

PT Car Washer

I mean the manager of the UPS location. I did PVD last year and he was one of the managers there.

I showed up for a scheduled road test (which didn't end up happening) and he explained that with casual I would be driving a truck instead of my car.
Both jobs end after Christmas. You would have a much better chance of driving FT if you work inside until you gain seniority and than sign an intent to drive sheet. The company has to hire 6 inside for every off the street hire.

Brownwind

Any ideas on which could be more worth doing for the season?

From what it sounds like, the main difference is that casual drives UPS trucks (according to a manager in my center) though I've heard it can also be U-haul trucks.

My manager also claimed that some seasonal drivers have gone on to be full time drivers when I asked him. I understand that may be less common though.

For what it's worth I'm in the suburbs so I'm not sure if that makes it more or less (if anything) competitive for driver roles.

All that said, I do kind of enjoy driving in my own car too and I'm debating which way to go (PVD or casual driver). I realize some here may not like PVD's too so apologies if this is a weird topic.

Thanks
Depends what you want to do in the future. PVD driving makes great money short term without the garbage of driving a beater truck. You won’t be under their stupid numbers and won’t have to deal with oversized boxes. .
A casual works with the view of becoming a regular driver. You get to see what your next twenty years will be like. If you hate it then you walk in January. If you like it they will hire you in the weeks following. If your breathing then you have a job.

Both jobs are mediocre

Depends what you want to do in the future. PVD driving makes great money short term without the garbage of driving a beater truck. You won’t be under their stupid numbers and won’t have to deal with oversized boxes. .
A casual works with the view of becoming a regular driver. You get to see what your next twenty years will be like. If you hate it then you walk in January. If you like it they will hire you in the weeks following. If your breathing then you have a job.

Both jobs are mediocre
I hear that. The money and benefits have me open to the idea of being a driver but I imagine it could be brutally physical on the body which has me thinking to try learning something else for a full time career. I guess I'll decide on it soon either way.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Way better off PVD. Way less responsibility, same pay and you can pretty much leave when you’re done with whatever’s in your car. Package car you’re held hostage and gotta go through a week long class.

Brownwind

Way better off PVD. Way less responsibility, same pay and you can pretty much leave when you’re done with whatever’s in your car. Package car you’re held hostage and gotta go through a week long class.
Absolutely amazing observation. I appreciate your honesty with the newbies.

Zowert

Go seasonal. Chances are you won’t be in a brown (package car), you’ll likely be running bulk stops out of a rental then helping 22.4’s and RPCD’s out. You never know, they might put you in a brown and send you out on a junk route. Either way you’re not putting wear and tear on your personal vehicle. If you have the desire to go full time then seasonal is the better option too. Work hard and mind your own business, if they like you’ll they find out a way to keep you.