Centennial Event?

rushfan

Here, you will get a crappy 6 foot sub.

I think UPS should really capitalize on our centennial. At least put decals on the package cars bragging we will be 100 in 2007. If so much was spent on "re-branding", I think UPS can fork out some cash for bragging rites.

S

speeddemon

We will all work a plan day of 10.5, while management gets a bonus and a day off.....CHEERS....

DS

Fenderbender
Has everyone heard about the founders day contest?You can submit a work of art be it music,media,painting etc.Theres a link
to last years winner playing a song called "believe",its not bad.The
video has a few glimpses of olden days package cars but the rest
is just upsers smiling a lot for the camera.
go to http://www.upsers.com and click on founders day contest.

Brown Assassin

Underpaid for too long
Has anyone heard about a Centennial event? Is UPS planning any type of event or party?

Just wondering!

Thanks!

Yes, its expected that all the money will be dumped into marketing the anniversary both for the US and Intl markets. I'm sure the local Brown staff will enjoy none of the festivities.:sad:

Yes. I heard every center will get a pizza.

Wow!:laugh: And 10 minutes later, you will have to go back to your desk (or wherever) and get back to work.

Here, you will get a crappy 6 foot sub.
I think UPS should really capitalize on our centennial. At least put decals on the package cars bragging we will be 100 in 2007. If so much was spent on "re-branding", I think UPS can fork out some cash for bragging rites.

I forgot where I read it, but BIG bucks are being spent on the 100 yr anniversary ads. The project was initiated 2 yrs ago so they would be ready to roll by end of this year.

We will all work a plan day of 10.5, while management gets a bonus and a day off.....CHEERS....

No comment. I've experienced that TOO much and have since forgotten it.:sad:

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Maybe they will pull a page from the way Harley-Davidson celebrated their 100th. (That is all but the last page - the secret concert on the lake front with a headliner not suited for the crowd of bikers....Elton John.)

We could have a convoy of brown trucks start from four points in the United States and meet at one point for a big party. They could also include UPSERS from overseas !!

Perhaps we could even start our own HOG Chapter as UPS employees and show them how it is done (not the Sturgis way) but how the HD Company sponsors events. Maybe we could even get our own "PIN STOP".

Honda has types of events also - they call it the HONDA HOOT.

The entire year could be used to generate a good feeling and renew pride in our jobs.

I have read many posts on this board. It seems to me that we all understand we have good jobs but the pride is waning. The spirit is being slowly replaced with apathy because there seems to be nothing to sustain that spirit we all want to have back in our hearts.

Face it. We are like Coca-Cola and Pepsi employees.
Delivery drivers for those companies know that they work for elite brands and they laugh at other soft drink company drivers. The hardest thing for some of our local Coca-Cola drivers to do is admit how much they hate their jobs when someone says to them..."WOW, You work for Coca-Cola."

UPS and Fed Ex are the new Coke and Pepsi. I know that in some of our hearts we laugh at the BAX drivers, the DHL drivers and the Dunham drivers. We know we are one of the two elite companies making deliveries.

I would love to feel that extreme pride come back that I understand was once part of this culture.

over9five

Staff member
"I have read many posts on this board. It seems to me that we all understand we have good jobs but the pride is waning. The spirit is being slowly replaced with apathy because there seems to be nothing to sustain that spirit we all want to have back in our hearts."

I think that sums it all up.

Brown Assassin

Underpaid for too long
I would love to feel that extreme pride come back that I understand was once part of this culture.

That's a tough one to acheive since (from a corporate standpoint), more and more UPS is becoming like any other big company......all about the bottom line, less about the people.

This was one of the reasons I left......no matter how much I enjoyed my job, had fantastic relations with my co-workers and customers, the bottom line came first and that meant less for the employee.

Pip

I am probably being selfish here, but of all the things I would like to see happen is a contract in place for the anniversary first and foremost. Everything else would be a bonus then.

helenofcalifornia

A contract in place for the anniversary? Dream on. Both UPS and the Teamsters will be posturing and circling each other giving the stink eye until just before it expires. Hmmph...

dragracer66

Maybe they will pull a page from the way Harley-Davidson celebrated their 100th. (That is all but the last page - the secret concert on the lake front with a headliner not suited for the crowd of bikers....Elton John.)

We could have a convoy of brown trucks start from four points in the United States and meet at one point for a big party. They could also include UPSERS from overseas !!

Perhaps we could even start our own HOG Chapter as UPS employees and show them how it is done (not the Sturgis way) but how the HD Company sponsors events. Maybe we could even get our own "PIN STOP".

Honda has types of events also - they call it the HONDA HOOT.

The entire year could be used to generate a good feeling and renew pride in our jobs.

I have read many posts on this board. It seems to me that we all understand we have good jobs but the pride is waning. The spirit is being slowly replaced with apathy because there seems to be nothing to sustain that spirit we all want to have back in our hearts.

Face it. We are like Coca-Cola and Pepsi employees.
Delivery drivers for those companies know that they work for elite brands and they laugh at other soft drink company drivers. The hardest thing for some of our local Coca-Cola drivers to do is admit how much they hate their jobs when someone says to them..."WOW, You work for Coca-Cola."

UPS and Fed Ex are the new Coke and Pepsi. I know that in some of our hearts we laugh at the BAX drivers, the DHL drivers and the Dunham drivers. We know we are one of the two elite companies making deliveries.

You apparently haven't work for parcel too long, if we get a pizza I would be impressed. Hey does anybody remember when we all got those stinkin little tree's!!!!

Thebrowntruth

My first one died like instantly...I got another and it's at least 18 ft tall at my inlaw's house! Why could'nt the UPS stock grow like that!!!!!

You must not have had Scott and Mike come over to take care of it. They are so dynamic they could have turned the tree into a bush in no time!!!!!