Center Bid Sheets are up

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was surprised they got the bids up a few weeks early. They still change our start times around without telling us, they finally mentioned that we now start at 8:45 instead of 9:00. No mention of Bid Time in the PCMs yet, poor communication all around where I am. And we still have Regional Staff in my Hub trying to straighten up after the Peak Disaster. Lock in rides for everybody who runs a lot of over-allowed.
I don't know why they even bother. They change the routes so much every day now it's impossible to home anyone to any standard.

govols019

You smell that?
It was always fun having high seniority when bids went up.

All the younger guys were looking over their shoulders at you and asking questions.

Start a few different rumors and see what happens.;)

I've never understood the joy some folks get out of that...we just rebid and I bumped a guy off his route..I also told him six months ago I was gonna do it so it wasn't a surprise.

Just because older drivers loved to play games at bid time when I was lower seniority doesn't mean I have to do the same now.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Bid twice a year? That a little too much. By the time you settle in it's time to bid again
It's kinda nice actually, in the summer you can take a long interstate run that gets you out in the country and then in the winter when the weather's bad you can choose to work local.

barnyard

KTM rider
i’ll stay cover for another 10 years, give or take, i like where im at.

I thought I was going to retire as a cover driver. A route opened up in an area that I do not hate, it is not my favorite, but not horrible. I bid it and won. This year at peak, I ran the same area I have run for the past 5-6 years, except I had a different package car every day. Several times, I had to fuel before I left the lot or on my way to the delivery area. 1 day, I cleaned out a week's worth of lunch scraps. I got sick of working in pig stys.

I signed the bid and now I regret it. It is boring as hell. I do not deliver to any farms, very few dogs and I have to do some pick ups.
According to our local, once you bid a route, you have to do it for a year and then can either sign a bid to go cover or wait and sign a bid for an open route. The routes that I would love to do are never going to be available for me to bid, but I could go back to doing them 6-7 weeks a year.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I was surprised they got the bids up a few weeks early. They still change our start times around without telling us, they finally mentioned that we now start at 8:45 instead of 9:00. No mention of Bid Time in the PCMs yet, poor communication all around where I am. And we still have Regional Staff in my Hub trying to straighten up after the Peak Disaster. Lock in rides for everybody who runs a lot of over-allowed.
Did you take that sweet route in the East center? The man who recently retired?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I've never understood the joy some folks get out of that...we just rebid and I bumped a guy off his route..I also told him six months ago I was gonna do it so it wasn't a surprise.

Just because older drivers loved to play games at bid time when I was lower seniority doesn't mean I have to do the same now.

I was just kidding, and all but the newest knew I was. I already had the sweetest route in the building. No way I was going to leave it.

WorknLateHuh

I thought I was going to retire as a cover driver. A route opened up in an area that I do not hate, it is not my favorite, but not horrible. I bid it and won. This year at peak, I ran the same area I have run for the past 5-6 years, except I had a different package car every day. Several times, I had to fuel before I left the lot or on my way to the delivery area. 1 day, I cleaned out a week's worth of lunch scraps. I got sick of working in pig stys.

I signed the bid and now I regret it. It is boring as hell. I do not deliver to any farms, very few dogs and I have to do some pick ups.
According to our local, once you bid a route, you have to do it for a year and then can either sign a bid to go cover or wait and sign a bid for an open route. The routes that I would love to do are never going to be available for me to bid, but I could go back to doing them 6-7 weeks a year.

Its got to be really hard after so many years of moving around where u want, and then suddenly being locked in.

Maybe you’ll change your mind as time passes, but I will say this though... you’re right, dealing with ppl’s trash and wading through it is ridiculous. i hate it. i dont pick it up anymore i just kick it into a corner. Maybe i should leave it all piled up on the driver’s seat for Monday when they get back from vacation.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Did you take that sweet route in the East center? The man who recently retired?

Nope, I won that bid but I turned it down. Late Letter Box Pickups and a couple of slacker drivers working next to it. I'm tired of getting work off the driver next to me now. That is a big money route but I don't want to get home too late. Your son loves it as a cover driver, but I'm going to get the easiest route in the building. I noticed that the East Center's Bid List was finally posted tonight. I look at the Bid Board every week, this will be the fifth route of my career.

barnyard

KTM rider
Its got to be really hard after so many years of moving around where u want, and then suddenly being locked in.

If I could have an assigned PC that followed me from route to route, I would have stayed cover till I retired. I covered for 15 years and knew enough routes that I did some cut cars with areas I had never done just for some challenge.

The good part is that everyone in the loop are people that I enjoy working with. We all work to make sure that no one gets screwed.

35years

Gravy route
Nope, I won that bid but I turned it down. Late Letter Box Pickups and a couple of slacker drivers working next to it. I'm tired of getting work off the driver next to me now. That is a big money route but I don't want to get home too late. Your son loves it as a cover driver, but I'm going to get the easiest route in the building. I noticed that the East Center's Bid List was finally posted tonight. I look at the Bid Board every week, this will be the fifth route of my career.
I looked at all the routes in the bldg, and who moved the least pkgs.
I took the one with the least pkgs. years ago.
You will love it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I looked at all the routes in the bldg, and who moved the least pkgs.
I took the one with the least pkgs. years ago.
You will love it.

The one I am now used to be the easiest when I took it 21-22 years ago. 125 stops and a hundred miles in a P-500 would work up to eight hours exactly. I am about 95% subdivisions with no pickups, but the area has grown with new houses and I get dispatched with 160 stops a day now. I love the area but Peak has got out of hand, I get loaded up with a Helper for ten weeks now and deal with a golf cart route. My new bid gets about 130 stops and 115 miles a day. Mostly subdivisions and some country stuff. It only hit 167 stops the worst day of Peak. I will retire on this one.