Center Bid Sheets are up

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Every two years we get to bid routes in my Center. I walked by the Bid Board tonight and I noticed that all 65 bid routes are up. Big changes are going to happen.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Same here. Going to be some stressed out mgmt over the operation report for a good while. Lots of moves here due to a flood of retirees.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Every two years we get to bid routes in my Center. I walked by the Bid Board tonight and I noticed that all 65 bid routes are up. Big changes are going to happen.

It was always fun having high seniority when bids went up.

All the younger guys were looking over their shoulders at you and asking questions.

Start a few different rumors and see what happens.;)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
20480147-2F50-4A75-A238-E6606AD9AC8D.jpeg
I'm giving up my route I have been on for 21-22 years, I signed it. I had 167 stops today and a Helper for ten weeks during Peak. The one I will get went out with 125 stops today with no pickups. Everybody wants this one, seniority rules!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Our idiot staff started doing bids also, apparently by company seniority. Wondering if I should wait till they are at me to inform them we go by classification, as I’m sure you already know.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Our idiot staff started doing bids also, apparently by company seniority. Wondering if I should wait till they are at me to inform them we go by classification, as I’m sure you already know.

I was surprised they got the bids up a few weeks early. They still change our start times around without telling us, they finally mentioned that we now start at 8:45 instead of 9:00. No mention of Bid Time in the PCMs yet, poor communication all around where I am. And we still have Regional Staff in my Hub trying to straighten up after the Peak Disaster. Lock in rides for everybody who runs a lot of over-allowed.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I was surprised they got the bids up a few weeks early. They still change our start times around without telling us, they finally mentioned that we now start at 8:45 instead of 9:00. No mention of Bid Time in the PCMs yet, poor communication all around where I am. And we still have Regional Staff in my Hub trying to straighten up after the Peak Disaster. Lock in rides for everybody running a lot of over-allowed.
Exactly what’s going on over here, except they just paid out 50k in our building for 9.5’s they’ve been dragging their feet on.

E

el blanco

View attachment 179826 I'm giving up my route I have been on for 21-22 years, I signed it. I had 167 stops today and a Helper for ten weeks during Peak. The one I will get went out with 125 stops today with no pickups. Everybody wants this one, seniority rules!

No pickups is sweet,
not having to break off, not working with pu volume in the truck.
Just go out and deliver

Early in my career I would get stuck with trash routes that had been thrown together at the last minute to save a dispatch. Most people hated them; but not me. They never had pickups.

Gonna miss those premium yuletide gifts from your long time customers though, but you have enough money to stock your liquor cabinet. :wink2:

Seniority sucks, unless you have it. :thumbup1:

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
We bid every 2 yrs. It's funny listening to the young bucks complain out loud how they hate their route come bid time. They look like buzzards circling around the bid sheet every day for 10 days. That's when you can have some fun spreading rumors.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
They are treating every bid route like a split route in our center. Have multiple routes in a loop cut, having bid routes deliver outside their loop. Doubling tripping bid routes that were not signed as double trips. Absolutely insane that management can just friend up all the routes, but we need to make sure our shoes are shined.

They are treating every bid route like a split route in our center. Have multiple routes in a loop cut, having bid routes deliver outside their loop. Doubling tripping bid routes that were not signed as double trips. Absolutely insane that management can just friend up all the routes, but we need to make sure our shoes are shined.
Shoes shined is important, getting the air delivered on time isn't.....

WorknLateHuh

i’ll stay cover for another 10 years, give or take, i like where im at.

It will be interesting though seeing the bids play out. There will be a lot of movement here too.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Bid twice a year? That a little too much. By the time you settle in it's time to bid again

Most weeks I cover 5 different runs all with different start times. Most people get used to it quickly but it's tough on your body going without sleep all the time.

Word is some of our new package to feeder drivers are hating life. Starting work between 9pm and 3am is a lot different than showing up at 8:30 every morning .