Central States going broke---

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The company would not have had "control". Not sure how it is where you're at but the trustees here are both union and company. Who is better at taking care of money incidentally? I'm going with UPS. The beloved Teamsters only find ways to SPEND....lol.

You are correct..UPS is good at taking care of (their) money...

Big Rigger

Unless you retired prior to 2008, your pension with the UPS/IBT fund is secure.

From who ?

From the members ?

That would have to be voted on.

I'm guessing....

You don't understand how Pension plans work ?
Well the Butch Lewis act didn't work out so maybe go to plan B...
Screenshot_20210116-211254.png

again?

Inthegame

The Butch Lewis Act passed the Democrat majority House in 2019 and has languished in the Republican run Senate.

Had a friend who was convinced by others that Mitch McConnell would pass the Butch Lewis Act because it included relief for coal miners as their pension plans are also struggling.

Instead McConnell carved out and passed a separate bill exclusively for coal miners many of whom happen to live (and vote) in Kentucky.

And yet some Teamsters still support these guys.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Just got an Email from Central States stating that there are only 48 more months left before my pension plan goes broke. To be honest that is longer than I expected so I will take it as good news.
Thanks to Hoffa republicans block helping with the pension, from 2021 to 2025 Hoffa will still make $350,000 a year

nWo

What about the guys who worked at UPS ft for 35 years and are own their 7th home refinance? Bought the house in 88 for $75,000. Owe $189,000 on it now. What about those guys?