Central States going broke---

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
To save a million Dollars for retirement would mean living a very frugal lifestyle. No $60k pickups or new boats or a trophy house. Or trophy wife. No exotic vacations or paying for kids college.
I think we have different definitions of frugal... but yeah.

Back From Break
To save a million Dollars for retirement would mean living a very frugal lifestyle. No $60k pickups or new boats or a trophy house. Or trophy wife. No exotic vacations or paying for kids college.

$700/mo saved for 35 years at an average investment return will get roughly $1 million. Very doable for a driver making $80K-$100K a year, and still having that boat (28 ft instead of a 40 ft), pickup ($40K instead of $60K), kids college (depending on how many kids), nice house, nice vacations and trophy wife.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I don’t know about those “trophy wife(s)” .. a lot of them will walk off with half your pension and your dream home will end up on the market...🥺..and even end up taking your dog too...🐶

rod

Retired 22 years
Well *. We were over a mil at age 42. Not gonna slow down now!
I retired with half that. The secret is not owing a dime to anyone when you pull the plug. I'm financially way better off now than when I pulled the plug---even after building a new 4 bedroom house house , buying at least 5 or 6 new cars and a couple of new Harleys since I retired. The money just seems to keep rolling in.

oldngray

nowhere special
I retired with half that. The secret is not owing a dime to anyone when you pull the plug. I'm financially way better off now than when I pulled the plug---even after building a new 4 bedroom house house , buying at least 5 or 6 new cars and a couple of new Harleys since I retired. The money just seems to keep rolling in.
If you are debt free and get a pension no way do you need a million. That just means you have more trouble spending your kid's inheritance.

Hi dad ..

Jlandry

Just got an Email from Central States stating that there are only 48 more months left before my pension plan goes broke. To be honest that is longer than I expected so I will take it as good news.
I feel bad for the Central States pension members. I will say though good old Freddy Zuckerman was on that board and voted for ups to get out of it which is the main reason for the money problems. Now Freddy wants to have control of the money at the National level of the Teamsters. Buyer beware. Freddy and Sean will destroy the Teamsters.

542thruNthru

I feel bad for the Central States pension members. I will say though good old Freddy Zuckerman was on that board and voted for ups to get out of it which is the main reason for the money problems. Now Freddy wants to have control of the money at the National level of the Teamsters. Buyer beware. Freddy and Sean will destroy the Teamsters.
Vairma_Teamster-Logo-V2_FINAL2-1.png

I'll just leave this here and see who wants to bite.
tenor-18.gif

542thruNthru

Educate us. Are these guys affiliated with the outgoing Hoffa regime?
You know I heard something funny the other day. I haven't had time to verify it so I could be wrong but....

Apparently Teamster Power only has 2 people in their slate from the current Hoffa regime and yet the OZ slate has I believe they said 7 people from the Hoffa regime on their slate.

So if that's true..... What happen to the "vote them all out!!!" Cry?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You know I heard something funny the other day. I haven't had time to verify it so I could be wrong but....

Apparently Teamster Power only has 2 people in their slate from the current Hoffa regime and yet the OZ slate has I believe they said 7 people from the Hoffa regime reon their slate.

I personally believe there is a huge lack of campaigning by all sides at this point. Definitely Interested in seeing how this all plays out.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Apparently Teamster Power only has 2 people in their slate from the current Hoffa regime and yet the OZ slate has I believe they said 7 people from the Hoffa regime on their slate.

I personally believe there is a huge lack of campaigning by all sides at this point. Definitely Interested in seeing how this all plays out.
The curious part will be seeing how this all plays out at local levels, many locals leaders will be trying to hedge their bets to to appease members about the whole 22.4 debacle and whoever is going to win this election to stay in power.

542thruNthru

The curious part will be seeing how this all plays out at local levels, many locals leaders will be trying to hedge their bets to to appease members about the whole 22.4 debacle and whoever is going to win this election to stay in power.
In my opinion, anyone that thinks OZ is going to eliminate 22.4s from the contract is being bought by campaign promises.