Central States going broke---

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The Central had decades to make changes, did nothing. Same for states like Illinois and NJ, ignoring payments due. Why we rewarding irresponsible behavior?

rod

Retired 22 years
The Central had decades to make changes, did nothing. Same for states like Illinois and NJ, ignoring payments due. Why we rewarding irresponsible behavior?
Too late--quit crying over spilled milk.

Thank you tax payers.

AKCoverMan

Spent my whole life watching my taxes get spent on stuff that I don't personally approve of like wall street bailouts and endless wars in the middle east. This, I personally approve of and I hope they do more of it. Helping out middle class workers who by the way paid taxes their whole lives will always get a yes vote from me.
But youunderstand we are shifting the burden from the employers back onto our own backs, I get it, it sounds great “helping working Americans not making wars”.

I don’t not want the workers to get what’s due them. I’m simply asking why is it food that you’re u and I are paying for it instead of the employers.

rod

Retired 22 years
But youunderstand we are shifting the burden from the employers back onto our own backs, I get it, it sounds great “helping working Americans not making wars”.

I don’t not want the workers to get what’s due them. I’m simply asking why is it food that you’re u and I are paying for it instead of the employers.
You won't have too long to worry about it. All pensions are a dying breed. So are Unions.

AKCoverMan

I would advise you to quit work as long as your wife is a driver and live off her income :-) If that don't work with 2 full time driver incomes you should be able to sock money away like nobodies business even if you are paying high taxes. Pay off your debts and retire early.
Lol we are piling it away but I worry that the Dems will spend our fat nest egg faster than we can save it up!! Like I said, one dollar in four goes to DC today seems certain to be going to one dollar in three or worse all too soon.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

I long ago accepted that my tax dollars are going to be spent on a lot of stuff I don't agree with. I'm just happy to some being spent to help out fellow teamsters for a change and I'm certainly not gonna complain about it.

rod

Retired 22 years
Hold it up in red tape until the midterm's.
The bill has been passed and there is still enough in the pension plan to last about three and a half years so there is no rush. I'm sure Central States will be banging on the door with their hands out as soon as possible. This doesn't mean that the plan won't run out of money again down the road but by then all of us retiring before 2008 guys will be dead. The way UPS is going down the toilet if I was you I would be worrying about UPS keeping their financed Pension Plan solvent.

rod

Retired 22 years
I long ago accepted that my tax dollars are going to be spent on a lot of stuff I don't agree with. I'm just happy to some being spent to help out fellow teamsters for a change and I'm certainly not gonna complain about it.

I knew somewhere out there that there had to be one person who though us old retired guys shouldn't get :poop: on. Thanks.

rod

Retired 22 years
Lol we are piling it away but I worry that the Dems will spend our fat nest egg faster than we can save it up!! Like I said, one dollar in four goes to DC today seems certain to be going to one dollar in three or worse all too soon.
Been there - done that. My wife and I both had good paying jobs for 30 years. Paid tons of taxes. You do have a legitimate worry though. Somewhere down the road the XXXX will hit the fan.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The bill has been passed and there is still enough in the pension plan to last about three and a half years so there is no rush. I'm sure Central States will be banging on the door with their hands out as soon as possible. This doesn't mean that the plan won't run out of money again down the road but by then all of us retiring before 2008 guys will be dead. The way UPS is going down the toilet if I was you I would be worrying about UPS keeping their financed Pension Plan solvent.
Our plan has improved a lot. We made some sacrifice to increase assets.

542thruNthru

How much of your early raise have you given up to go into the pension plan?
I've never given any of my raise to my pension.
Vairma_Teamster-Logo-V2_FINAL2-1.png

:)