Central States going broke---

I don't regret taking SS early either. In this day and age you better take ANY monies it while its available. Its my money and I want it NOW. :-)
I wasn't talking about you taking your social security in certain age I just meant the more years you worked the bigger that check would have been.
they take your best to 35 years of earnings when they calculate your social security payments

542thruNthru

I seriously doubt if it would come to that. The Teamsters as a whole aren't that close a unit to give up their war chest to help another region out.
The government will do that before bail you out or the PGBC. They just want to kick the can down the road before actually fixing the problem.

rod

Retired 22 years
The government will do that before bail you out or the PGBC. They just want to kick the can down the road before actually fixing the problem.
The longer they kick it down the road the fewer of us old farts will be around to get paid. I don't want to even guess how many 70 plus year old UPS retirees will kick the bucket in the next 4 years. The ones affected by pension cutoff will probably all be dead and the fund will end up with money left over :-)

old levi's

blank space
Back then the people who worked past 30 years for the most part were fools. For every year past 30 you got an extra 100 bucks a month (up to 5 years). An extra 100 a month (which figures out to about 17 bucks a week after taxes) wasn't worth it to work at UPS. Maybe it is now.
They couldn't retire at 53; do you understand that?

542thruNthru

The longer they kick it down the road the fewer of us old farts will be around to get paid. I don't want to even guess how many 70 plus year old UPS retirees will kick the bucket in the next 4 years. The ones affected by pension cutoff will probably all be dead and the fund will end up with money left over :-)
Yours isn't the only pension that's friend'd. Lots of bad pension out there.

rod

Retired 22 years
Bull. My local voted to forgo a raise in order to boost our assets, not to bail out a local that ignored a problem.
Once again --- The fund was under the watchful eyes of the United States Government---still is -------------- not some stinkin Local.

rod

Retired 22 years
I thought it was just being monitored by the government not ran by them.
Kind of a fine line. In 85 the government stepped in and took control of it. Over the years I don't know how much of that control was given back to Central States----if any.