CEO Carol Tomé was an outsider hired to whip UPS into shape for the age of e-commerce. Some insiders and lifers worry she’s killing the company.

542thruNthru

Yeah and would geriatric Joe allow it since we're essential?
Probably not.

How would hunter get the next fix?
How many of our members do you think will vote yes on the second strike vote when they realize that it's a real possibility or how many will participate at all in the vote?

I think our opinions will differ on that answer.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Lol now I see why Carol is cutting IT. You think all you need to worry about it's delivering packages.

How about loading and unloading them. Trucks, trains, planes all need to be unloaded, sorted and loaded into a PVDs car.

UPS will not be up and running in 24 hours. Will PVDs hurt our strike? Absolutely but UPS will suffer greatly and no I don't believe our strike would cripple UPS. We will all suffer from a strike.

Also if you're a team player then stop bitching like a little girl about how you might have to go back to the office and deal with traffic and miss your little one growing up. Man the friend up and be a team player.
PVDs.
Get real.
Freaking joke.
Who is going to do the bulk stop pickups?
Sister Suzy's SUV.
SMH

542thruNthru

PVDs.
Get real.
Freaking joke.
Who is going to do the bulk stop pickups?
Sister Suzy's SUV.
SMH
See brother this is your issue. UPS doesn't need to be buisness as usual. They just need to make sure packages are moving. Sups can easily take out trucks for large bulk stops while PVDs deliver essential things like medical and whatever else they can.

How long do you think the average member can hold out? If UPS can move a quarter of their volume a day they will steadily get stronger.

Yes we all know PVDs can not do our job the same as us but they don't have to. They just have to do some of it while UPS works on getting more scabs.

See brother this is your issue. UPS doesn't need to be buisness as usual. They just need to make sure packages are moving. Sups can easily take out trucks for large bulk stops while PVDs deliver essential things like medical and whatever else they can.

How long do you think the average member can hold out? If UPS can move a quarter of their volume a day they will steadily get stronger.

Yes we all know PVDs can not do our job the same as us but they don't have to. They just have to do some of it while UPS works on getting more scabs.
But who is also going to unload all the packages and load them and are going to hire gypsies to move all the freight also?
And will we have air freight?

542thruNthru

But who is also going to unload all the packages and load them and are going to hire gypsies to move all the freight also?
And will we have air freight?
UPS already owns Coyote logistics. Like I said earlier this won't happen in a day. UPS will send that hiring blast out for scabs. $30 a hour to load and unload trucks. No benefits paid, no pension paid and it will be close to what they are paying PTers now.

PVDs will load their own cars and PT sups will be working around the clock.

Again I'm not saying this happens over night but I could see packages moving in a week.

Air would depend on the pilots Union.

UPS already owns Coyote logistics. Like I said earlier this won't happen in a day. UPS will send that hiring blast out for scabs. $30 a hour to load and unload trucks. No benefits paid, no pension paid and it will be close to what they are paying PTers now.

Again I'm not saying this happens over night but I could see packages moving in a week.

I don't want to see a strike either I'm just throwing some stuff out there.

We can't get the job done right now with all the people that know how to do this job and equipment to do this job.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.

We saw how that worked n 97. The supes could barely deliver a third of a route. The air hubs were crushed and that's where the money (and financial longevity) is.

"Ups on strike? My air is going with fdx from now on".

They'd never recover and THAT is my issue.

They can't staff this operation in the time that 80-90% of our volume would shift to competitors....and never come back.

That is fact and with the volume stuck in our system there's going to be a lot of angry shippers and customers who will avoid this shipping company for years.

That is reality.

We saw how that worked n 97. The supes could barely deliver a third of a route. The air hubs were crushed and that's where the money (and financial longevity) is.

They can't staff this operation in the time that 80-90% of our volume would shift to competitors....and never come back.

That is fact and with the volume stuck in our system there's going to be a lot of angry shippers and customers who will avoid this shipping company for years.

That is reality.
And we have about half of the supervision staff that we did in 1997

Boywondr

The truth never changes.

I seriously doubt that. In a week!? Maybe in a month but by then 20 million pkgs a day will be jammed to the top of hubs and the air volume in Worldport would be greatly diminished.
You can't build this operation in a week and doubtful in a month.
I say garbage.

542thruNthru

That is reality.
I'm not disagreeing that UPS will suffer. They will suffer greatly. I'm just saying to think we some how are irreplaceable is hubris.

Lots of things are different then in 97. UPS will turn Orion off and the cradle will tell new hires off the street where to go. Production will suffer greatly but things will move. Before it was all area knowledge in the driver's head and a couple of ORS.

Shippers will definitely leave but it will be hard for them to find a place to stay with other carriers already under water.

542thruNthru

I seriously doubt that. In a week!? Maybe in a month but by then 20 million pkgs a day will be jammed to the top of hubs and the air volume in Worldport would be greatly diminished.
You can't build this operation in a week and doubtful in a month.
I say garbage.
I hope you're right and I hope we don't ever have to find out.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I'm not disagreeing that UPS will suffer. They will suffer greatly. I'm just saying to think we some how are irreplaceable is hubris.

Lots of things are different then in 97. UPS will turn Orion off and the cradle will tell new hires off the street where to go. Production will suffer greatly but things will move. Before it was all area knowledge in the driver's head and a couple of ORS.

Shippers will definitely leave but it will be hard for them to find a place to stay with other carriers already under water.
Other carriers are getting ready now. Believe me, they aren't ignorant of the details of the dissention over the last contract and how the company is hammering UPS drivers now.

Other carriers are getting ready now. Believe me, they aren't ignorant of the details of the dissention over the last contract and how the company is hammering UPS drivers now.
I'm sure Amazon is licking their chops right now.
They're building buildings everywhere hiring people everywhere raising starting wages they got their own air fleet.