Changes In UPS Teamster Pension Checks.

twoweeled

Yes the pension is not a UPS pension. It's the teamsters pension plan because it's the pension plan for teamsters in multiple different companies.

The western conference of teamsters pension plan.
Like @Shiftless posted.
Welcome | The Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust

Also @rod doesn't know anything except how to post a YouTube video of a cat slamming a stuffed animal. :)
LMAO!! Thank you much! I needed that confirmation/explanation.
Mucho Graaaaciaas

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Yep! That is correct. But I think our monies actually come from Prudential. But the administrator is Western Conference, from UPS contributions? I think that's the way it goes, but language is demanding lol. But it seems it's considered WCT Teamster Pension?
It's the WCT Teamster pension that gets contributions from many companies. It has nothing to do with UPS except they are required to make contributions due to our contract. That was the main issue we struck over in 1997. UPS wanted control of the pension funds.

BTW I believe the WCT is the strongest pension fund in the country.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'm under the same Pension Trust as olroadbeech I believe.

Welcome | The Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust

Over 14 years retired and I have had no fluctuation by a COLA.

Only changes were known changes I selected during the retirement process.

Maybe its a Nor-Cal thing? I was So-Cal when I retired, which now that area is no longer called So-Cal.
I just seen this since twoweeled started posting. I believe you are right.The pension is fixed and I think the only reason it changed was because of tax cuts or tax law changes over the last several years.

Our social security went up last year , I think , 3% because of a COLA.Next year it is going up again but not as much.

twoweeled

I just seen this since twoweeled started posting. I believe you are right.The pension is fixed and I think the only reason it changed was because of tax cuts or tax law changes over the last several years.

Our social security went up last year , I think , 3% because of a COLA.Next year it is going up again but not as much.
I did indeed return. I didn't comment on your issue, but my pension amount has never changed. Think it's terrible we don't have a COLA in our pension, but that's the way it is. Nope! It shouldn't be changing. Mine hasn't.

twoweeled

It's the WCT Teamster pension that gets contributions from many companies. It has nothing to do with UPS except they are required to make contributions due to our contract. That was the main issue we struck over in 1997. UPS wanted control of the pension funds.

BTW I believe the WCT is the strongest pension fund in the country.
UPS has nothing to do with it, except they make the largest contributions I think. :rolleyes: That's quite a bit I'm thinking. Yep, I remember the control issue was a major point for the strike. I don't think we would have had the strike if not for that. Wasn't it like 18 Billion? That was great. Loved it! All except for a red headed driver who crossed the line, everyone else stood pat I think.:clap:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
UPS has nothing to do with it, except they make the largest contributions I think. :rolleyes: That's quite a bit I'm thinking. Yep, I remember the control issue was a major point for the strike. I don't think we would have had the strike if not for that. Wasn't it like 18 Billion? That was great. Loved it! All except for a red headed driver who crossed the line, everyone else stood pat I think.:clap:
UPS claimed they could manage the money better but a single company pension plan is more dangerous than a multi company one.

Do we really want to trust UPS with our pensions? I never trusted this company my whole career. They maybe used to care about the people who helped build this company but once they went public that all flew out the window.

It is NEVER a good idea to have all your eggs in one basket.

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS claimed they could manage the money better but a single company pension plan is more dangerous than a multi company one.

Do we really want to trust UPS with our pensions? I never trusted this company my whole career. They maybe used to care about the people who helped build this company but once they went public that all flew out the window.

Sounds good.

Except so many trucking companies went under still owing money to the multi employer pension wiping out its cash reserves.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Tell that to the folks who’s pension runs out in 2025

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Turn the central states pension over to ups. Allow ups to apply Orion to that pension . It could last another 1000 years.

But you would never know what your check might be every month.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Whats the amount you have to pay taxes on if your combined social security, pension and other stuff go over a certain amount