Changes to Residential and Commercial Designations in the DIAD

Catatonic

Nine Lives
  • A residential stop was previously defined as:
    • A location that is a home, including a business operating out of a home that does not have an entrance open to the public.
  • The new definition of a residential stop is:
    • A location that is a home, including a business operating out of a home.

They call it the dannyboy rule.

bumped

I don't know why this is so difficult. If the delivery location has a bed in it, it is a residential. If the delivery location is a seperate building that looks like a business is run out of it (a parking lot), then its a business. Such as a counrty farm setting that has a barn/building that sells landscaping materials or flowers, or any other seasonal merchandise.

We get paid good money to break off and make service to these customers if need be.

rocket man

ok we get to house/ bussiness and they are not home after 5 is it closed or missed or are we leaving a package at a bussiness and hoping for the best

rocket man

I don't know why this is so difficult. If the delivery location has a bed in it, it is a residential. If the delivery location is a seperate building that looks like a business is run out of it (a parking lot), then its a business. Such as a counrty farm setting that has a barn/building that sells landscaping materials or flowers, or any other seasonal merchandise.

We get paid good money to break off and make service to these customers if need be.
a bed in it? so i get to sealy matress company and they are closed is it a missed? or a ressy?

40 and out

These new residential rules say same address then residence so no more breaking off to get these businesses delivered before 5:00. These businesses will love being told residential surcharges from now on and driver release whenever we get there. Good decision corporate-not

nocturnalbuck

These new residential rules say same address then residence so no more breaking off to get these businesses delivered before 5:00. These businesses will love being told residential surcharges from now on and driver release whenever we get there. Good decision corporate-not

i deliver to the Amish many times. They all have a little business shop with an open sign. it's a rezi to me unless they specifically want to sign.