Changes You'd Like To See AT UPS

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It's a Dell laptop... iPad's are for part time sups. Zing...:sailor:
kevin-hart-its-about-to-go-down-gif.gif

Bottom rung

How about being treated with respect...
Any hours worked over 9.5 automatically paid at triple time
Once you make friend/t seniority you make full pay.
P/t benefits begin once you make seniority.
We lose a lot of good employees due too all this^^^
Oh...and allow dave to come to my world and "show me how it's done" since he's so great and all. Maybe even give the guys in my building pointers on fellatio...

km3

How about being treated with respect...
Any hours worked over 9.5 automatically paid at triple time
Once you make friend/t seniority you make full pay.
P/t benefits begin once you make seniority.
We lose a lot of good employees due too all this^^^
Oh...and allow dave to come to my world and "show me how it's done" since he's so great and all. Maybe even give the guys in my building pointers on fellatio...

A higher starting rate for PTers may help too. My sort is severely understaffed because they can't keep anyone. Dangling the benefits that you get after a year in front of people has only had a negligible effect on people staying. As it turns out, people don't want to do this job for $10.10/hr and no benefits in the foreseeable future when there are easier jobs out there for the same pay. Especially when they get told that they can't be a driver due to visible tattoos, or they're not old enough, etc..

As for my own suggestions, I'd like to see hazmats taken off of the main belts. I posted in another topic about how I'm getting slammed with dozens of boxes of paper every night, often at the same time. Well, the other night I also got a poison gas hazmat (allowed in ground system, prohibited in air), and the box was in less than ideal shape. Not torn, or completely smashed, and no holes, but in rough shape nonetheless. I loaded it according to proper hazmat handling procedures, but ever since I've been thinking about how dangerous it would have been if a dozen boxes of paper came down right behind it and crushed it even further. I've been anxious about handling hazmats ever since, as the worst case scenario of a heavy package or perhaps a sharp object comes flying down the belt afterwards and smashes or penetrates the contents keeps playing through my mind.

SCV good to go sir.

I'd like to be able to walk from the back to the front of my truck in the morning.
I'd like to see more management (along with upper echelons) being promoted from drivers with experience.
I'd like to see cover drivers learning routes by riding along with the regular drivers.
I wish management would stop calling me brother.
I'd like to see UPS not lowering the standards for the potential drivers but not moving toward automatic transmission for the tests. If you want the job bad enough, learn to drive stick like many of us have.
I'd like more privacy about what route I'm on, how many stops I have, etc from the other drivers.
I'd like Orion to be more dynamic. For example, if I didn't do the first stop, then move it back down to the list where the nearby stops are as opposed to staying at the top. When Orion becomes that dynamic it will be more effective.
I'd like to carry a gun.
I'd like the preloaders and twilight guys to properly motivated. :censored2:ty loads and pick ups that get damaged before they leave our hub are the symptoms of a much bigger problem.
I'd like to not have to place uniform orders every few months to build a big enough wardrobe.
Speaking of uniforms, the current incarnation is horrible. The shirt I received for my test felt nicer and fit better.
I'd like a combo job where the driver/unloader starts the day doing picks and then unloads the truck during twilight. No deliveries, but the unloader might care more about package handling.