Changing Light Bulbs

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I like my bulbs. They light just fine, and I can pay my bill. I dont want to have to buy those screwy cfls/.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I like my bulbs. They light just fine, and I can pay my bill. I dont want to have to buy those screwy cfls/.

LED & HID are the way to go. Cars and motorcycles are going to LED and HID... I spent extra on my HID lights for my Harley. Well worth the money.

The youth of our country will make the switch and the old will stick to their implanted thoughts of NO CHANGE. The old had "their" future, and its all about their yesterdays. The young will progress and their future looks bright ((pun intended))

Peace

TOS

over9five

Staff member
Funny LED story:

In The Peoples Republic to save money, they installed thousands of LED traffic lights. "We'll save MILLIONS", they said.
But in the winter, there started to be all sorts of accidents because the LED traffic lights would collect snow. You couldn't see them. The old incandescent lights threw off enough heat to melt the snow off the lens. Not so with the new LED lights, they throw no heat.

The fix to this problem was to install small electric heaters on every traffic light. Now they cost 20 times what the old incandescent's cost to operate!

menotyou

bella amicizia
I was rearranging stuff to vacuum and knocked over a little rooster lamp. It had a corkscrew lightbulb in it. You know the ones, filled with poison. Well, it smashed into lovely little pieces with a nice Poof! of something. I imagine that Poof! was not a good thing. I hate those lights. I don't have a yellow barrel at home to throw the stupid mess into. Guess where it went? In the trash, is right. I imagine the environment will love that. How many of those end up in the same landfill just in Rodman, let alone everywhere else? Stupid corkscrews.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
You did not follow your hazmat training.
Your home must now be considered a hazmat quarantine area.
Please notice the proper authorities and vacant the building.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You did not follow your hazmat training.
Your home must now be considered a hazmat quarantine area.
Please notice the proper authorities and vacant the building.
Right!?!?!?!?!?! I guess we must all have a Northern Tools catalog in the john to order those yellow barrels from.

old levi's

blank space
I was rearranging stuff to vacuum and knocked over a little rooster lamp. It had a corkscrew lightbulb in it. You know the ones, filled with poison. Well, it smashed into lovely little pieces with a nice Poof! of something. I imagine that Poof! was not a good thing. I hate those lights. I don't have a yellow barrel at home to throw the stupid mess into. Guess where it went? In the trash, is right. I imagine the environment will love that. How many of those end up in the same landfill just in Rodman, let alone everywhere else? Stupid corkscrews.

Is the rooster OK?