Changing Light Bulbs

wkmac

ereb01.jpg

I still remain unconvinced the gov't acted alone and for environmental causes on this. I can see an argument where certain established players would greatly benefit as lesser market actors who solely make incandescents are cleared from the market place. Like so much else, I'm seeing state actions on behalf of cartels where certain narratives are then sold to the public to hide the truly guilty.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I stockpiled while they were still legal to sell..........I have enough incandescent bulbs for 40 years.....I don't have 40 years however..

wkmac

Left incandescent and CFL's long behind. Gone total LED and love it. May not be for everyone, depends on situation but IMO, smartest move on lighting I ever made.

oldngray

nowhere special
CFL's are more of a temporary step until LED's drop more in price to be really competitive. Until then I will use the incandescents I stockpiled and skip CFLs.

wkmac

Agree CFL's are stepping stone to LED's. Prices on LED's are already down. Even moreso when you learn where to shop. But the otherside of LED's is that a visit to RadioShack etc. and you can literally make your own. Hardest part for most is understanding basic electrical circuitry and how to solder.

rod

Retired 22 years
Agree CFL's are stepping stone to LED's. Prices on LED's are already down. Even moreso when you learn where to shop. But the otherside of LED's is that a visit to RadioShack etc. and you can literally make your own. Hardest part for most is understanding basic electrical circuitry and how to solder.

My wife has enough for me to do around the house without making my own light bulbs---thank you.