Cheap shippers?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I like the shippers that ship heavy packages with a 10lb label or less.
I don't take them. If it's only a couple LBs off that's one thing but a package I strain to lift going NDA only paid at 3LBs isn't going to fly.

We should have a spot in every center where we can drop off a package to be audited and backbilled with a surcharge on top of the correct shipping charge but sadly there are no audit guys working when our drivers return to building.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't take them. If it's only a couple LBs off that's one thing but a package I strain to lift going NDA only paid at 3LBs isn't going to fly.

We should have a spot in every center where we can drop off a package to be audited and backbilled with a surcharge on top of the correct shipping charge but sadly there are no audit guys working when our drivers return to building.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I would see revenue auditors at the air recovery trailer waiting to jump on packages. Sometimes more of them then people trying to unload and process the air. They would get in the way instead of letting other people do their jobs. But for other packages after you get inside the building there would usually be nobody around or they would be too busy doing other things to do corrections. And the air auditors would not do anything except air.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I used to run a CPU when I was in feeders. It was an office supply and they loaded their stuff on pallets, which I loaded in a trailer with a pallet jack. Sometimes they would fall behind and I would help the guy stack the pallets. One of my first days there I picked up a box of typing paper which I think weighed like 53 lbs. The label said 9 lbs. I looked back and all the paper boxes were the same. I told the shipping guy he needed to take care of that quickly if not sooner. No telling how long they had been doing that before I got there. nationwide office supply company too.

wayfair

swollen member
Yeah, shame on me for taking care of the customers. Shame on me for going back to Gamestop in the afternoon because I think the corporate agreement to pick up and deliver at the same time (10 am) is stupid as hell.

it's a corporate agreement, UPS doesn't care what you think.

Shame on me for reattempting send agains that I drive by in the afternoon.

You drive by your route all day.

Shame on me for giving my personal cell phone number to certain customers so they can meet me and get their stuff early.

I'll tell customers where and when my everyday 1st stop is.

Shame on me for working with my Smart Pickups to make sure they are taken care of if they have a late order.

If it's new to them(smart pickups) I can understand.

Shame on me for making sure the UPS Store has Forever Bags to sort their smalls.

Don't have one, but am aware drivers do that anyways.

Shame on me for separating the college delivery by students and facility or for going back to the bookstore during their busy season for a second unscheduled pickup.

Wouldn't separating the deliveries be their job??? I thought they took unscheduled pickups out of the board.

Shame on me for indirecting packages for schools that are closed for the day to the district office, which then shuttles them the following day.

The admin building for the schools on my route is 3 areas away. I'll have the clerk change the add in the PM for delivery the next day.

Shame on me for doing all of the little things that I do to take care of my customers.

shame on UPS for giving you ORION soon

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You sound like a man in dire need of a week off. You seem to be a little grumpier than usual. No one will dispute your personal commitment to your customers but at times you need to walk away, sit on the deck, crack a cold one, and throw something on the grill.

Maybe a hooker and some weed

Sent using BrownCafe App

Z

ZQXC

What I find odd Dave is I believe you stated at one time you run -1.00 or more a day(please correct me if I'm wrong there). How in the hell can you run that far under yet do all these extra freebies for your customers? Certainly you don't get credit for unscheduled pick-ups,redelivering send-agains,taking time to talk to customers and arranging meet points for them,separating collage delivery's. All these things you get no credit for? Please let us in on your secret methods.

Drivers here that routinely run 1 hour or better under-allowed
enter their lunch.