Check your paychecks

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What I'm not understanding is how FedEx, a multi million dollar world-wide company, can contract out their payroll to a large company SPECIALIZING in doing payroll and there are not one, but two screw ups in a month. How is that possible?

Purplepackage

What I'm not understanding is how FedEx, a multi million dollar world-wide company, can contract out their payroll to a large company SPECIALIZING in doing payroll and there are not one, but two screw ups in a month. How is that possible?

Well for one ADP has always been like this, one of my first jobs used adp and on occasion random people just wouldn't get a pay check one week.

Large corporations are just useless to big for their own good

fedex_rtd

FedEx is a CHEAP company unless you are one of the talking heads in the glass palace. FedEx tries to do everything on the cheap, this is just another example. When we purchased new line haul tractors for the AGFS fleet, they did not include fog lights in the order...cheap, cheap, cheap!

Purplepackage

FedEx is a CHEAP company unless you are one of the talking heads in the glass palace. FedEx tries to do everything on the cheap, this is just another example. When we purchased new line haul tractors for the AGFS fleet, they did not include fog lights in the order...cheap, cheap, cheap!

I highly doubt adp is a cheap company, they are huge they do payroll for thousands of companies

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
How many stops a day is that?

It's hard to ask that question becasue people will tell you that they are only taking home 400 bucks after benefits and other deductions, which I honestly find hard to belive

160 roughly. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Been real slow this month so I had a $500 check last week. Thanks Fedex for passing the profit loss of low volume down to the people that need it most.

CJinx

We always get two paystubs per paycheck; one with the actual payroll and deduction information and one blank voided one. You guys into that too? Seems like a huge waste of paper.

BrownMeetPurple

How much NET does the average Express guy take home per week; healthcare and everything deducted? We're all anonymous here, no shame in posting it.

My net from HD is roughly $775 a week. But I don't get healthcare or any trace of a benefits package.

I'll play..

35hrs net $500 after everything per week. That comes out to $14.30/hr... I know minimum wage employees netting $600 after 37-40 hours.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
I'll play..

35hrs net $500 after everything per week. That comes out to $14.30/hr... I know minimum wage employees netting $600 after 37-40 hours.

Finally! Someone not ashamed to post their salary. Thanks buddy. with all the unpaid holidays, days off, sick days, and healthcare expenses we face, you're doing better than the ground side. Less money in the envelope, but stability and healthcare is a value in itself.

Either way, this job destroys your body way too much for the compensation received. :censored2: Fedex.

MAKAVELI

Finally! Someone not ashamed to post their salary. Thanks buddy. with all the unpaid holidays, days off, sick days, and healthcare expenses we face, you're doing better than the ground side. Less money in the envelope, but stability and healthcare is a value in itself.

Either way, this job destroys your body way too much for the compensation received. :censored2: Fedex.
Average net at Express is hard to quantify. You have midrange employees making significantly less hourly than a topped out employee, different healthcare options, 401k deductions, w4 deductions, and amount of overtime all vary and effect your net. I do agree with your point that neither opco is compensating the drivers enough.

FedexCares

average ~40 hours/week here take home about 550 per week after insurance and such, and I have the cheapest insurance. express courier

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
160 roughly. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Been real slow this month so I had a $500 check last week. Thanks Fedex for passing the profit loss of low volume down to the people that need it most.

That's too low/ did u negotiate a minimum salary rate on top of a per stop rate? That's what I did to make sure I'm clearing a minimum of 700/week. If I'm too light, the subcontractor will look for neighboring routes to pip some stops to yours if u want more work.. Me? I'll take my min salary of 140 and enjoy the sun light while I can. Some drivers are consistently over 170 stops a day & will ask for help if the weather is too hot.

Oh, my avg hours is 55 for that pay

Last edited:

Code43

<40 hours a week. 500 or less take home pay after insurance and Taxas. Hired in 2005.

New Fulltime couriers hired off the street are also taking home 500 a week after insurance and Taxas.

5yearsleft

My check last week was for 40 hours, net was $471. Ins, dental & vision are about $8 a week, 10% to my 401K, 10 year employee. I'm not going to retire rich, but come hell or high water, I WILL be out of here in less than 3 years!