Chewy

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So this Tuesday I roll in to see my pile o boxes...
DSC_0001.JPG

Geezus, my back and hand cart gonna get a workout today!

I had to stop after loading 40 boxes in my truck, drink some Gatorade, and take a pic to show what ups is missing when they lost the account... in total, 80 of my 140 package count were just chewy itself.

The rest of the week were back to normal, rock auto, weather tech, Wal-Mart, Amazon, food, wine, nutri system, etc but I don't go one day during the week without having chewy on my pile.

Wutz the most you had on your truck from a single account?

OrioN

Please leave at back door.
Yup I'm in a rural area, where most customers use the back door or side porch as their main entry to their homes...

They'll know when I called out sick if they find their stuff on the front porch

OrioN

That's expected for a ground route... I am home delivery & those 80 boxes were going to various resis and one kennel.

Plus ground gets paid per piece not person stop???

rod

Retired 22 years
So this Tuesday I roll in to see my pile o boxes...View attachment 199965
Geezus, my back and hand cart gonna get a workout today!

I had to stop after loading 40 boxes in my truck, drink some Gatorade, and take a pic to show what ups is missing when they lost the account... in total, 80 of my 140 package count were just chewy itself.

The rest of the week were back to normal, rock auto, weather tech, Wal-Mart, Amazon, food, wine, nutri system, etc but I don't go one day during the week without having chewy on my pile.

Wutz the most you had on your truck from a single account?

I used to have loads like that but it was Gateway Computer boxes (cow boxes). Everyone was getting computers.

OrioN

I used to have loads like that but it was Gateway Computer boxes (cow boxes). Everyone was getting computers.

That must have sucked with those crt monitors... weigh off balance on the glass screen side

I go thru soo many tape rolls with this account alone

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I remember delivering around 150 of those to a bank on their 2nd floor with no freight elevator. Had to drag them up 10 steps just to get in the building. Then my manager had the nerve to ask why 1 stop took 3 hours!

dvalleyjim

I hate chewy (although I order my pet stuff from them). They over stuff their flimsy boxes with canned pet food and kitty litter and seal them with one piece of tape. Half the time they are caved in at the top and busting at the sides. Lopsided and almost too heavy to lift. On my rural route I deliver mostly chewy and food pantry items. Don't forget furniture in a box!

OrioN

Yeah, one cat lady orders from chewy only until I told her about Wal-Mart with free shipping at a certain threshold... so now it's half chewy and half Wal-Mart deliveries to her home
sleepwalkers_horror_review-1.png

OrioN

Chewy starting to lose momentum when Wal-Mart can match or beat their prices.

sketch-1540150278977.png

I also had 50 -60 lbs dog food in those big white bags as well... they weren't stackable & had to lug them to the front door one by one... Ugh