Child support garnishments

Single mother

Can anyone please help me with understanding how garnishment Works at UPS. Child support was court ordered last year it's never been paid so Garnishment was requested 5 months ago
. Still havent received any payment. Any clue what the hold up is or how long it typically takes?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Can anyone please help me with understanding how garnishment Works at UPS. Child support was court ordered last year it's never been paid so Garnishment was requested 5 months ago
. Still havent received any payment. Any clue what the hold up is or how long it typically takes?

Does he still work here.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
ARTICLE 31. GARNISHMENTS
In the event of notice to the Employer that a court order has been issued requiring the Employer to withhold a percentage of an employee’s wages to satisfy a garnishment, the Employer may take disci-
plinary action if the employee fails to satisfy such garnishment or wage assignment within a seventy-two (72) hour period after notice to
the employee that the Employer is considering disciplinary action.
However, the Employer may not discharge any employee by reason of the fact that his/her earnings have been subjected to garnishment or
wage assignment for any one (1) indebtedness. An employee may be suspended by reason of the fact that his/her earnings have been sub-
jected to garnishment or wage assignment for any one (1) indebtedness, but any such suspension must be for a fixed, stated period of time.
If the Employer is notified of three (3) garnishments or wage assignments for more than one (1) debt, irrespective of whether satisfied by the employee within a seventy-two (72) hour period, the
employee may be subjected to discipline. However, the employee may not be discharged upon notice of a third (3rd) garnishment,
under this provision, unless and until the Employer has actually
begun withholding the employee’s wages on a second (2nd) debt. If
the Employer has an established practice of discipline or discharge
with a fewer number of garnishments or wage assignments, or impending garnishments or wage assignments, and if the employee
fails to adjust the matter within the seventy-two (72) hour period,
such past practice shall be applicable, provided it does not result in
the discharge of an employee prior to the actual withholding of the
employee’s wages for a second (2nd) debt.
A garnishment for child support or alimony shall not be considered
a debt for purposes of discipline.
The Employer shall comply with federal, state and local law in en-
forcing the provisions of this Article. Discipline or discharge pursu-
ant to this Article shall be reasonable and nondiscriminatory

over9five

Staff member
BigBrown87 said:
You mods have been on a spree of deleting comments as of lately, I had a few comments that were clean and straight forward that someone was upset about.
Sometimes a post will get deleted because you quoted someone elses post that was deleted. Just an fyi, no idea why yours was deleted.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
The reason maybe because he quit the job before the garnishment got through to UPS, do you talk to your child's father or are you not on speaking terms? I know a guy that works at jobs for 2 to 3 months and then quits before child support gets taken out. Or you could pick up the phone and call the county that you recieve your benefits from and ask them, that why I pay them taxes so you dont go without.