Childcare after spring break

floridays

No empathy for parents who use child care. If you can not swing one stay at home parent or do not have a trusted family member close by. You should not have children. To leave your child with strangers who do not love your child and only care about the money they get paid is child abuse. No wonder all these kids have to see a phychologist.
I love kids myself, I was one.

My mother was at home loving us while my father was bringing home the bacon. Sadly those days are gone.
My children had the same, only from a lesser father and mother.

floridays

It's not your families job to raise your kids.
You are correct.
However, in the worst case, I would prefer a family member or close friend that truly cared for my children to watch over them.
Institutional daycare is child neglect in my mind.

floridays

Obviously the words of a childless person.
Maybe on his part, I do have grown children and agree with his sentiment.
There's no greater position than a mother being a mother.
A mother being a secretary or box humper is the lesser allocation of "goods", not a maximization, economically speaking
for a mother.
Each mother knows this in their own heart and it's very sad some mother's have no other choice.
My opinion.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Maybe on his part, I do have grown children and agree with his sentiment.
There's no greater position than a mother being a mother.
A mother being a secretary or box humper is the lesser allocation of "goods", not a maximization, economically speaking
for a mother.
Each mother knows this in their own heart and it's very sad some mother's have no other choice.
My opinion.
I know I sure would have rather been home raising my kids instead of being a “box humper”. Lol.

floridays

I know I sure would have rather been home raising my kids instead of being a “box humper”. Lol.
I do not lie when I say in my estimation there is no higher position than a mother that raises godly, obedient, respectful children. I can see your mother did, as did mine. Sadly I have been tarnished over the years, and my mother was not afraid of telling me.
As a now single man, I evaluate a woman on how she deals with her children. Thank your mom Needs, she did a good job.

Bingo

Do you not realize the economy has changed in the last 30 years?
Yes, time always change things. However with the right planning ,one working parent is still possible. It takes sacrifice and the willingness to let go of the extras such as the 1,000 phone,the 6.00 cup of coffee. Keeping a car a few extra years, not spending 200 on a concert and dinner. A stay at home parent can prepare a meal at home inlieu of take out 3-4 days. I can go on but it is possible even today. I beleive the government should eliminate child care tax credits and give large tax credits for one stay at home parent. Society would be a better place

It will be fine

Yes, time always change things. However with the right planning ,one working parent is still possible. It takes sacrifice and the willingness to let go of the extras such as the 1,000 phone,the 6.00 cup of coffee. Keeping a car a few extra years, not spending 200 on a concert and dinner. A stay at home parent can prepare a meal at home inlieu of take out 3-4 days. I can go on but it is possible even today. I beleive the government should eliminate child care tax credits and give large tax credits for one stay at home parent. Society would be a better place
Ok boomer

dezguy

No empathy for parents who use child care. If you can not swing one stay at home parent or do not have a trusted family member close by. You should not have children. To leave your child with strangers who do not love your child and only care about the money they get paid is child abuse. No wonder all these kids have to see a phychologist.

Actually my kids are 36 and 31. When they went to school they actually learned. In todays public school system it is probably child abuse.

lol kids are grown ass adults and dude hasn't had to raise kids in over a decade but he has it all figured out. Boomers gonna boomer.

Bingo

lol kids are grown ass adults and dude hasn't had to raise kids in over a decade but he has it all figured out. Boomers gonna boomer.
Considering that when our President takes his oath in 2021 will either be 78 years old or 74 years old. Considering the average net wealth of a boomer is over 1.2 millon according to Business Insider.The younger crowd may want to take some fatherly advice once in a while.

dezguy

Considering that when our President takes his oath in 2021 will either be 78 years old or 74 years old. Considering the average net wealth of a boomer is over 1.2 millon according to Business Insider.The younger crowd may want to take some fatherly advice once in a while.
lol

SmithBarney

I'm sorry my parents(and in laws) died and aren't here to baby sit, guess it's my fault.

It will be fine

take care of education of kids, as nobody wants to live in a stupid society (now we have such a society because somebody didn't pay attention to kids education in the past)
0153B99E-7404-468C-BAD7-57237A9BF7DE.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
With some schools closed indefinitely some of our employees are worried about childcare. They don't have anyone to watch the kids since both parents work and their extended family is not around.

Any stations offering up any contingency plans for this? I see that some retail employees have been dubbed essential by their states (MI and VT I think) and this allows them special access to childcare, just like first responders.

Or, with volume down, maybe LOA or LWOP with their job waiting when they get back?
Live on one paycheck. One parent stays home.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Then how would the family afford to go to Starbucks everyday? Have every premium cable channel and drive a new car every 2 years?
That's a problem for sure. My wife and I lived simple when she was home with the kids. Wasn't always easy.