Childcare after spring break

newgirl

With some schools closed indefinitely some of our employees are worried about childcare. They don't have anyone to watch the kids since both parents work and their extended family is not around.

Any stations offering up any contingency plans for this? I see that some retail employees have been dubbed essential by their states (MI and VT I think) and this allows them special access to childcare, just like first responders.

Or, with volume down, maybe LOA or LWOP with their job waiting when they get back?

I am FedEx

I believe it varies by station. We had a meeting about it on Tuesday. Senior manager told us if anyone is having issues to let them know, and they will do their best to accommodate the situation. Not much help but that’s what I was told.

newgirl

I believe it varies by station. We had a meeting about it on Tuesday. Senior manager told us if anyone is having issues to let them know, and they will do their best to accommodate the situation. Not much help but that’s what I was told.
Thx. I realize this is all new, but folks in Mem need to come up with some policies asap

Nolimitz

Thx. I realize this is all new, but folks in Mem need to come up with some policies asap
Sorry but that is too funny Re: MEM. many states are relaxing policies on child care lic etc. I'd look to find some unemployed food service folks who need some cash??

bacha29

Wonder how many will end up facing child endangerment charges because there was simply nobody will to take those kids in and look after them?
Where are all the pro life people? No reason why they can't volunteer some free no pay hours at the emergency day care centers.

Bingo

No empathy for parents who use child care. If you can not swing one stay at home parent or do not have a trusted family member close by. You should not have children. To leave your child with strangers who do not love your child and only care about the money they get paid is child abuse. No wonder all these kids have to see a phychologist.

It will be fine

No empathy for parents who use child care. If you can not swing one stay at home parent or do not have a trusted family member close by. You should not have children. To leave your child with strangers who do not love your child and only care about the money they get paid is child abuse. No wonder all these kids have to see a phychologist.
You think sending your kids to school is child abuse?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Wonder how many will end up facing child endangerment charges because there was simply nobody will to take those kids in and look after them?
Where are all the pro life people? No reason why they can't volunteer some free no pay hours at the emergency day care centers.

Three and a half.

dezguy

It's not your families job to raise your kids.

MassWineGuy

Obviously the words of a childless person.

Bingo

Obviously the words of a childless person.
My kids are 36 and 31. Never spent one minute in child care. Also as soon as they were born we started a college fund. With them working as seniors and in college and the college fund,they went to the State Public College and received their degrees without any college debt. If you can not raise children properly,then its best not to have any.

It will be fine

My kids are 36 and 31. Never spent one minute in child care. Also as soon as they were born we started a college fund. With them working as seniors and in college and the college fund,they went to the State Public College and received their degrees without any college debt. If you can not raise children properly,then its best not to have any.
Do you not realize the economy has changed in the last 30 years?