Chinese electric trucks

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
FedEx Expands Its U.S. Electric Vehicle Fleet With Vans from China

Sucks that the company could not do the right thing, by finding an American company to buy from, but the truly horrible thing is to purchase from a Chinese company. Guess Fred and company have sold out America just like Trump and company are doing.
A mechanic told me that the big station in Washington, DC got some electric vehicles. They hated them so much they sent 30-50 (can’t remember which) to the truck shop and they’ve been sitting in the parking lot there unused since last year. Lol.

Oldfart

A mechanic told me that the big station in Washington, DC got some electric vehicles. They hated them so much they sent 30-50 (can’t remember which) to the truck shop and they’ve been sitting in the parking lot there unused since last year. Lol.
Is that the same mechanic that would not put tires on your friends van?

fedex_rtd

I think it’s a great idea that the company is going to start using electric vehicles on a larger scale.

My beef is that we are an American company and we should support other American companies, and not a hostile country such as China.

Oldfart

I think it’s a great idea that the company is going to start using electric vehicles on a larger scale.

My beef is that we are an American company and we should support other American companies, and not a hostile country such as China.
Are there reliable cost effective electric vans being built in America. I know the few we got are not reliable or cost effective. No idea who built them but I see them in videos and in other cities so there must be plenty out there.

fedx

Extra Large Package
FedEx Expands Its U.S. Electric Vehicle Fleet With Vans from China

Sucks that the company could not do the right thing, by finding an American company to buy from, but the truly horrible thing is to purchase from a Chinese company. Guess Fred and company have sold out America just like Trump and company are doing.
Do you mind explaining how Trump has sold out America? Highest unemployment in decades. Jobs everywhere. I mean if everyone has a job who wants one means selling out this country, then I'm all for it. I do remember Obama saying "those jobs aren't coming back" referring how he and his goons sent them to China and elsewhere. I would think that would be called selling out this country, but that's just me.

BigWork13

American vehicles are garbage.

SmithBarney

Do you mind explaining how Trump has sold out America? Highest unemployment in decades. Jobs everywhere. I mean if everyone has a job who wants one means selling out this country, then I'm all for it. I do remember Obama saying "those jobs aren't coming back" referring how he and his goons sent them to China and elsewhere. I would think that would be called selling out this country, but that's just me.

Fake News...
That and Job Creation happening now is due to previous administrations policies.
Please show which policies Trump has signed that has created jobs?....

vantexan

Fake News...
That and Job Creation happening now is due to previous administrations policies.
Please show which policies Trump has signed that has created jobs?....
The previous administration? Come on now. Trump reduced regulations and cut taxes that made it easier for businesses to operate and keep more money. That has resulted in all the jobs we see now. Obama wasn't doing anything to promote growth and his GDP numbers reflected that.

DriverNerd

The previous administration? Come on now. Trump reduced regulations and cut taxes that made it easier for businesses to operate and keep more money. That has resulted in all the jobs we see now. Obama wasn't doing anything to promote growth and his GDP numbers reflected that.

Not going to do the Trump vs Obama debate, but unemployment when Obama came into office was almost 9%, when he left it was just over 4%.

bbsam

Staff member
6EF42C46-BAD3-4782-BCCC-5D57431AA16F.png
Not going to do the Trump vs Obama debate, but unemployment when Obama came into office was almost 9%, when he left it was just over 4%.

Sometimes people need a picture to understand.

vantexan

Looks like that graph is closer to 5 than 4 when Trump came in. Did Obama's policies ever produce a 3% GDP? Did incomes rise under Obama? Were there more jobs than people to fill them?

oldngray

nowhere special
Looks like that graph is closer to 5 than 4 when Trump came in. Did Obama's policies ever produce a 3% GDP? Did incomes rise under Obama? Were there more jobs than people to fill them?
Obama increased employment by forcing more people to work a couple of part time jobs instead of one full time job.