Chinese Win the War

wkmac

Never fired a shot, just got out the checkbook!

Excuse me Mr. Chinese gov't man, you don't have to sneak into the Gulf of Mexico to drill oil, a few more weeks and you can buy up the American companies, pennies on the dollar, that are already there doing so!

And we Americans will keep voting in politicians that can all but make that happen for you and the beauty is, the American taxpayer will foot the bill!

Ain't America Great! Land of Opportunity!

wkmac

AP Story headline reads:

Bush says he's working hard on economic turmoil

And the proof is everywhere just how hard he's worked on making things happen for us too!
:happy-very:

I'd say someone as AP is having some Tongue and Cheek fun with the headlines and I like it too.
:wink2:

And what's the response from the Obama/Biden camp?

And here I was thinking Bush was the only economic lightweight.

Go Get Em' Joe! Eat Em' UP!

We're just surrounded by genius aren't we!
:wink2:

Hey when someone get's done with the Rosetta Stone program for learning to speak Chinese, pass it my way. Looks like we'll be needing to learn to speak it!

Overpaid Union Thug

They will definately win if Obama is elected and cuts military spending. He'll have us just sit back and watch as China developes more technology to counter our on. They'll probably weaponize space and and the end China will be ahead of us militarily and won't have to just use economic leverage against us when they decide to go after Taiwan. We'll be powerless to stop them when they finally decide to start branching out.

diesel96

They will definately win if Obama is elected and cuts military spending. He'll have us just sit back and watch as China developes more technology to counter our on. They'll probably weaponize space and and the end China will be ahead of us militarily and won't have to just use economic leverage against us when they decide to go after Taiwan. We'll be powerless to stop them when they finally decide to start branching out.

Hey, thx for chiming in BigA with your preditable rhetoric.
In case you haven't noticed, this Chinese progress has already been in the works for several years and on who's watch......Yes, I know...truth hurts. I mean lets be frank, the incoming president has to deal with the cards he dealt from the previous president, right ?
After all, the US has always wanted China to become more capitalistic and less communistic.

Overpaid Union Thug

Hey, thx for chiming in BigA with your preditable rhetoric.
In case you haven't noticed, this Chinese progress has already been in the works for several years and on who's watch......Yes, I know...truth hurts. I mean lets be frank, the incoming president has to deal with the cards he dealt from the previous president, right ?
After all, the US has always wanted China to become more capitalistic and less communistic.

Rhetoric? If you call being concerned about the future of this country "rhetoric" than maybe you should re-examine your own loyalty to it. Or maybe just layoff the Starbucks. And the slow but sure takeover by China wasn't started during the Bush presidency. Your "cards" were dealt when your pal Jimmy Carter was running the show. Yeah....the truth hurts.

diesel96

Rhetoric? If you call being concerned about the future of this country "rhetoric" than maybe you should re-examine your own loyalty to it. Or maybe just layoff the Starbucks. And the slow but sure takeover by China wasn't started during the Bush presidency. Your "cards" were dealt when your pal Jimmy Carter was running the show. Yeah....the truth hurts.

China is already among the world's biggest economies, and it's growing fast. It's a leader in technology and innovation -- not just manufacturing. It's among America's major creditors, and, some say, an emerging strategic rival. It's one of the world's biggest exporters and, potentially, the world's biggest market.
But it also has serious problems, with human rights, workers rights, political expression, inequality, environmental issues and more. Whether you see an awakening China as an opportunity or a threat, there's no doubt it will be a major player in the 21st century. It doesn't take loyalty, Starbucks or blaming Jimmy Carter to figure this out.

Overpaid Union Thug

China is already among the world's biggest economies, and it's growing fast. It's a leader in technology and innovation -- not just manufacturing. It's among America's major creditors, and, some say, an emerging strategic rival. It's one of the world's biggest exporters and, potentially, the world's biggest market.
But it also has serious problems, with human rights, workers rights, political expression, inequality, environmental issues and more. Whether you see an awakening China as an opportunity or a threat, there's no doubt it will be a major player in the 21st century. It doesn't take loyalty, Starbucks or blaming Jimmy Carter to figure this out.

So....if you agree that they are a major player then why even waste your time, and mine, arguing about it? ! ? ! ? ! :confused2: The point of my first comment (your "rhetoric") was to point out that Obama will only fuel that fire.

diesel96

So....if you agree that they are a major player then why even waste your time, and mine, arguing about it? ! ? ! ? ! :confused2: The point of my first comment (your "rhetoric") was to point out that Obama will only fuel that fire.

The only fire that your are fueling is "the politics of fear". :scared:

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Sounds to me like they're protecting their financial interest. Although, I have to admit that their protecting their interest with a huge crap eating grin on their face.