Christmas in July! 55 routes today ,53 Over Nine Five!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I feel for you guys who don't want the work. I personally am having a great time with all this OT. By the time I clock out tonight I'll have 54ish hours. That doesn't include tomorrow, which I'll be working.

oldngray

nowhere special
I feel for you guys who don't want the work. I personally am having a great time with all this OT. By the time I clock out tonight I'll have 54ish hours. That doesn't include tomorrow, which I'll be working.

All of that OT is OK for a while but after years of getting home late it gets old and you get tired of it.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

59 for me this week....wish I could have mopped up that last hour.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
56 hours here. I have heard this is new Business Model for UPS as even with the excessive OT they are saving MILLIONS by not adding drivers

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
they were looking for volunteers for tomorrow in my center as well. i was happy with 56 hours and politely declined the offer to work

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

All of that OT is OK for a while but after years of getting home late it gets old and you get tired of it.

I can only due it for a few weeks at a time. If I have 3-4 weeks of 55+ I need a week of about 45 to get rested up.

There's a reason peak is a special time. We all come together and bust our humps working 60 hours a week for a month. We simply can't do that for 12 months out of the year. Bodies start to break down. Morale goes down the crapper

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
they were looking for volunteers for tomorrow in my center as well. i was happy with 56 hours and politely declined the offer to work

Just curious are you all in daily large centers? It's very rare we use regular drivers on Saturdays. I'm talking under 5 times a year.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Just curious are you all in daily large centers? It's very rare we use regular drivers on Saturdays. I'm talking under 5 times a year.

I get a 6 punch about 85% of the time. I'm the only driver that goes out of the way to make sure they ask me, and the only one who actually comes in. Our center has around 100 drivers out of it, but we have another center in the same building that has just about as many. Generally 6 punches result from FT drivers snagging cover/swing drivers to run their route so they can go home. When management actually needs the drivers to work they start to realize by the end of the week their "dedicated" Saturday guys haven't had a day off. It just takes one they didn't plan on to have 5 days that opens the vault door for me to roll in the cash.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

I'm going to try and slam it as long as a I can. My hourly average rate increases with more OT I work, which in turn decreases the actual time I "have" to be here beyond the 30 and out. My current goal is to stack cash as high as I can, so when I do get to those years you speak of, I leave on my terms, no matter what life throws at me.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I have many drivers tell me they don't want to work all of the OT because taxes eat up the take home pay. That is true, but what they ignore is that your 401K is dependent on your gross, not the net. So, ignore it now, enjoy it later.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have many drivers tell me they don't want to work all of the OT because taxes eat up the take home pay. That is true, but what they ignore is that your 401K is dependent on your gross, not the net. So, ignore it now, enjoy it later.

You can adjust your W-4 to soften the blow on your take home pay when you contribute to your 401k. I have 20% going to my 401k and changed my Federal withholding to 3. I then invest my reduced Federal refund directly in to my Roth IRA.

brownboxman

Interesting comments. I guess I live and work in a different world. Very few if any working over 9.5. 815 start time and I get in most days around 515. When I get in there are usually 10 to 15 routes in. If I get in at 6 there are 40 in. I feel bad for you people who work that much, life is too short. Yes you probably have more in your 401k and have nicer stuff, but I am glad to look back on my career and know I spent those hours at home or with family. Retiring this month at 55 with plenty in savings and no mortgage or car payments.

Indecisi0n

Interesting comments. I guess I live and work in a different world. Very few if any working over 9.5. 815 start time and I get in most days around 515. When I get in there are usually 10 to 15 routes in. If I get in at 6 there are 40 in. I feel bad for you people who work that much, life is too short. Yes you probably have more in your 401k and have nicer stuff, but I am glad to look back on my career and know I spent those hours at home or with family. Retiring this month at 55 with plenty in savings and no mortgage or car payments.

It sucks and my only hope it that this bubble will soon burst. We have 5 guys now out on injuries and all it does it makes things harder for the guys that remain. I am pretty much garenteed to work 50 hrs each week. Numbers mean absolutely nothing to me at this point. My only concern is trying to keep my body in one piece.

Overpaid Union Thug

You can adjust your W-4 to soften the blow on your take home pay when you contribute to your 401k. I have 20% going to my 401k and changed my Federal withholding to 3. I then invest my reduced Federal refund directly in to my Roth IRA.

I claim 9 right now. I am sure I need to bring that down some since I just stopped contributing to the pretax 401K and switched to the Roth. Prior to the change I was going to get (according to the IRS W4 worksheet) about $100 back for this year's taxes.