Christmas is only 2520 hours away.....

Salesguy

Sales Member
My dear UPS family,

It has been a while...long time no see!!!
Hope you and your famiy are all doing well.

Laborday is 4 days behind us and Christmas is only 2520 hours away from us! YES :thumbup1: a very nice opportunity for all of us to hand in those sales leads that enable us to simultaniously grow the business and get appriciated as well!!

Don't wait another 151.200 minutes.....our competitors won't...

As always I appriciate your support.......SG

JustTired

free at last.......
Take about 30 stops off my car every day, and I'll think about sales leads.

Otherwise I'll do my best to keep the business we already have. You do what ever it is you do.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
My dear UPS family,

Laborday is 4 days behind us and Christmas is only 2520 hours away from us! YES :thumbup1: a very nice opportunity for all of us to hand in those sales leads that enable us to simultaniously grow the business and get appriciated as well!!

have you been playing golf that whole time !!!!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Yeah.....sit back on that overstuffed leather couch and let us get the sales lead so you can pick and choose which account you want to service................................rightttttttttttttttt!

helenofcalifornia

Blackbox has a good point about the service. We get the sales leads and we end up doing all the service leg work too. Plus of course, the extra 20 stops they put on us that we are supposed to run off in the same time as when we didn't have them. UPS needs to take care of the service issues first before we get the leads. Good service = good reputation.

dragracer66

2520 hours until Christmas yet it only took 30 seconds for your post to get annoying. If you only worked so hard at sales!
Amen to that.....We had a sales guy come into the shop awhile back to tell us that just because we are mechanic's doesn't mean we can't turn in sale's lead's!!! Ah yea it does!!!! He spent a hour talking with us. If he went on the street for that hour he may have drummed up more interest than he did in with a bunch of sweaty dirty mechanic's. But he did buy us hoagies so we did act like we cared!!!!:thumbup1:

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
...But who's counting? :bored:

Oh, you can bet there's a countdown. And may heaven have mercy on us if we don't get our staffing up to par. Its only SEPTEMBER and all sorts are SCREAMING for help in addition to calling double-shifters (of which there are few takers). I was talking to another employee today and we agreed that if this staffing problem persists, this is going to be a baaad Peak. -Rocky

upsgrunt

My dear UPS family,

Here's a novel approach- why don't we worry about getting better and bigger will take care of itself!
Sometimes us "dumb truckdrivers" ain't so dumb

Ms Spoken

For the record I will not turn in another lead until I see that my $25 is added to my card for having one of my customers ship UPS freight back in June. What a joke.

DS

Fenderbender
My dear UPS family,

what does appriciate mean?
ap-pric-i-ate [a-pric-i-ate]
ap·pre·ci·ate
premium.gif
thinsp.png
[uh-pree-shee-eyt]
This site has spell check.
jeez SG did you miss that class?
I have no desire to be appriciated,
even if you give me the reacharound:wink:

All in good fun SG,keep trying...maybe they should just make all you guys service providers and we`d have enough time to look for new business:thumbup1:

W

westsideworma

Oh, you can bet there's a countdown. And may heaven have mercy on us if we don't get our staffing up to par. Its only SEPTEMBER and all sorts are SCREAMING for help in addition to calling double-shifters (of which there are few takers). I was talking to another employee today and we agreed that if this staffing problem persists, this is going to be a baaad Peak. -Rocky

same here, I guess a couple people gave notice recently as well...not good, not good at all. Part of it I think is my generation (plus or minus a couple years) doesn't want to work for its money. They just want it given to them. Not all mind you, but it seems a great majority do. When I was hired a few yrs ago I knew I wasn't getting rich off this job, but I needed a job, I needed help with school and I kept seeing the ad in the paper. When I was hired I could tell none of them thought I was going to make it (which they confirmed after I was promoted into supervision this week lol) but they were and continue to be pleasantly surprised by me.

UPS is a tough place to work and I think thats why people respect you when you say you work there (believe it or not). Whenever I tell someone I work at UPS they (for some reason) are impressed. Hourly or management this job is tough, usually thankless, and really can get to you if you let it. I would go as far as saying that all UPSers are among the most physically and mentally tough people around if only because they have to be to survive here.

raceanoncr

And that big, brown, pyramid sittin in my yard right now smells like roses. There's a pot o gold at the end of every rainbow. It's always 75 degrees and sunny. And this company ain't goin down the crapper.

Dream on, SG.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Oh please guys...can't ya just do my job for me? I'd do it myself, but I suck at life in general and would feel much better just piggie backing you. C'mon, the numbers are starting to look bad and my boss is all over my ass about it. So please, turn in a sales lead, so I can keep drawing a salary for doing nothing. ....PLEASE??!!:crying:

satellitedriver

My dear UPS family,

Limerick for Sales Guy

Christmas may be just hours away.
But, drivers peak loads are her to stay.
More deliveries in January than December.
Volume increases, you must remember.
Work harder, or my job goes away.