Christmas tips?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have a Christmas tip for every customer on my route.......Put your address on your mailbox and house in large highly visable numbers and you are much more likely to get your packages on time!!!

Please chime in with any tips you have for your customers that will make 2012 go more smoothly for both you and them.

clarnzz

You live in an OCL neighborhood with no street lights (very dark)..... You have a hilly yard and driveway with many hazards...... You have received a package the last 4 consecutive days in a row at 6pm or later (it's dark out). TURN YOUR DANG EXTERIOR LIGHT ON. YOU TURN IT ON EVERYTIME YOU COME TO THE DOOR TO RETRIEVE YOUR PACKAGE AND SHUT IT OFF AGAIN BEFORE I HAVE EVEN SUCCESSFULLY NAVIGATED YOUR HILL!!!!! UGH!!!!

satellitedriver

Dear Customer,
Please do not tell me your dog does not bite while you stand on the porch-(in your pajamas)- and make no effort to control your beloved Fido.
BTW;
When you open your front door everyone can see the filth you live in.

gostillerz

Today I went to a house in the sticks. 2 big boxers without leashes were right next to the passenger side door barking like hell, so I honked the horn. A fat guy was sitting on the porch yapping on the phone and just sat there. I threw a delivery notice out the window and even bagged it ;) since it was raining and I was going to be just as much of a dick as this guy was.

Quite the contrast to how I started my day. Delivered an envelope to 4th floor of a bank, and almost stepped on what I thought has a hamster, but was told it was a dog. She signs, I split for the elevator (maybe 150 ft away) with a good looking woman on it. As soon as the door starts closing, that little dog thing hops on. I yap at the dog talking to it like a kid, pick him up and take him back to the old lady who signed. The cutie said that was sweet, but I was too stupid to try and get her number. Still made my day though.

Peak is always rough, but most people are in a generally good mood, and that helps a ton. You get the old lady leaving a plate of brownies, the post office chick saying "thank God it's you, the other guys are ********s".

This is only my 3rd peak, but my advice is to try and be positive. Do the best you can but don't rush. It's not worth getting hurt or having an accident over a box.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Have a brain. Don't hang your freakin wreath over your freakin house number.

Or the mailbox slip covers I hate those things. Also if your getting a NDA package please know if it's signature required. I prefer not to drive 20 minutes out of my way 3 days in a row.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have a brain. Don't hang your freakin wreath over your freakin house number.

I was doing an add/cut the other day and drove by a house because the wreath was hanging over the house number. The consignee was outside and asked why I drove by--I told him I didn't see the house number. He said it was behind the wreath as though it wasn't a big deal.

What would happen if fire/police/EMS were trying to find the house?

Don`t order your "If I dont get this package my xmas is ruined" item on the 23rd and then piss and moan on how we`re just one step up from the Anti-Christ because we didn`t get it there in time.

P.s If getting said gift is the make or break thing to completing your child's life then you got bigger problems then UPS.

over9five

Staff member
I was doing an add/cut the other day and drove by a house because the wreath was hanging over the house number. The consignee was outside and asked why I drove by--I told him I didn't see the house number. He said it was behind the wreath as though it wasn't a big deal.

What would happen if fire/police/EMS were trying to find the house?

The Fire Dept is coming today to do my smoke detector certification. Part of this is having your street number visible from the street, but not on the door! She told me this was to prevent people hanging things over it.

But, it is OK to step on small puppies, if you can meet a hot chick.
:imok:
Oh baby oh baby, oh yeah! I wouldn't mind spending my two-minute lunch time with some hot-tay's (woman of course) I get all types of attention I didn't before with this sex-ay UPS uniform. Woman sure do love men in a uniform. I thought that was a myth :winnersmiley:

The other funny thing is I accidently stepped over a dog or run into one when there was a cute girl smiling at me at a business working indoors while I "delivered the packages." SEXY-TIME~