Civics Lesson on the Constitutional Powers of Each Branch of the National Government

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
This happened to come up after I was watching the Congressional Auctioneer.
Sen. Ben Sasse does a good job on Schoolhouse Civics and how messed up the Congress is right now. We need term limits like @BrownArmy posted recently.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I’ve never seen a democrat openly challenge our fourth branch of government. That video would be fun to watch.
I assume you are referring to The Press but please clarify.

In the American political system, the unofficial fourth branch of government refers to a group that influences the other three branches of the US federal government defined in the American Constitution(Legislative, Executive and Judicial).
Such groups can include the press (an analogy for the Fourth Estate), the people, and interest groups.
US independent administrative government agencies, while technically part of the Executive branch (or, in a few cases, the Legislative branch) of government, may also be referred to as the fourth branch.

El Correcto

god is dead

In the American political system, the unofficial fourth branch of government refers to a group that influences the other three branches of the US federal government defined in the American Constitution(Legislative, Executive and Judicial).
Such groups can include the press (an analogy for the Fourth Estate), the people, and interest groups.
US independent administrative government agencies, while technically part of the Executive branch (or, in a few cases, the Legislative branch) of government, may also be referred to as the fourth branch.
In your video he doesn’t refer to the press, we are talking about the administration “deep” state. I don’t see democrats railing against it, like ever.

El Correcto

god is dead

Democrats are some of the worse enemies of the press. Obama spying on them and targeting individuals.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The administrative state and deep state can be used interchangeably. Unelected officials who run our country.
I did not believe in the Deep State until Trump was elected and now it's very obvious.
If you want to not believe, that's fine for you since the Deep State tends to be strident Dims and
believe the bigger and more intrusive the National Government the better it is.

Last edited: