class action lawsuit against UPS

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Dear Mr Tie Guy,
I would like to start by saying that I do agree with some of your posts.
In answer to your question, I belive the company should compensate me 3000.00 for these reasons. these figures are not exact but pretty close
I skipped lunch for my benifit about 10% of the time
I figured the xtra 30min work should be paid at time and a half
and averaged it out to 15 bucks (thats low balled)

2003 worked 200 days took total of 40 lunches lost 2400.00
2004 worked 208 days took total of 36 lunches lost 2580.00
2005 worked 210 days took total of 129 lunches 1200.00
2006 got fired for some b s = 6180.00 but then whos counting

tieguy

Banned
I skipped lunch for my benifit about 10% of the time
I figured the xtra 30min work should be paid at time and a half
and averaged it out to 15 bucks (thats low balled)

2003 worked 200 days took total of 40 lunches lost 2400.00
2004 worked 208 days took total of 36 lunches lost 2580.00
2005 worked 210 days took total of 129 lunches 1200.00
2006 got fired for some b s = 6180.00 but then whos counting

You decided to skip lunch and now wish to be compensated for them?

Or you agreed to skip lunch and were code 5'd for them?

Or you were told by management that you were not allowed to take a lunch, you grieved it and lost?

Which one is it?

Cole

Early in the thread BraveHeart said,
I would call Wage and Labor Board.

Wage and Hour board only seeks back pay at minimum wage, so that's an incentive. A Fed suit has more teeth, as you can under some circumstances seek 2 and 1/2 times the amount, such as if they didn't give you pay raises i.,e, RTD time, air driving etc....and if you filed a grievance for back pay etc...and the Union did nothing, then you have some soild ground.

Of course this is a different issue.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
who said anything about a greivance , I am going to be receiving money from the class action law suit just like everyone else who worked there lunches I have never filed a greivence in my 15 years at UPS. I was just pointing out that ups does owe me that money actualy more and I wont feel in the the least bit guilty for takeing it ITS OWED TO ME I worked for it , I bet Mr casey would have paid me no questions asked.

A

ADA

I am looking for a GOOD attorney to represent me and a fellow employee. We have been harassed, discriminated, and retaliated againist. I have great documentation, and witnesses. In filing complaints I have followed the company's policies and procedures, since this first began 8 months ago. I work in the freight division. In my state the laws are pro employer, so I might be better off with an out of state attorney/class action.

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
You decided to skip lunch and now wish to be compensated for them?

Or you agreed to skip lunch and were code 5'd for them?

Or you were told by management that you were not allowed to take a lunch, you grieved it and lost?

Which one is it?
Listen T' you are so ignorant of what a driver actually has to do to make service on his/her route that it is beyond belief. We're talking about working something your fat arse has no real concept of. Please get out in your never used browns and have a look okay. Why don't you go code 5 your arse next time you charge your bogus company lunches to your corporate AMEX card T'. You need a reality check officejocky don't look now here comes some corporate layoffs just in time to trim the fat before the next contract.

browntrout68

has anyone not received their class action lawsuit check yet? i am just asking because it seems most drivers in my center have received their's and i still have not?? plese reply. thanks

hdkappler

Has anyone else gotten the letter from a lawyer developing a class action lawsuit against UPS for preventing drivers from taking breaks and lunches? It was conveniently filed in the liberal court system of California. You will be automatically a member of the suit unless you opt out by letter; this covers drivers who drove between 1999 and 2005. This looks to me like some lawyer looking to cash in big on a frivilous lawsuit. I urge drivers to spread the word to others to opt out of the suit, thereby sending a message to money hungry snakes to find their cash cow elsewhere.

hdkappler

ups has forced drivers to work off the clock for years.drivers care about there customers.when did management within the past five years ever thank any driver for working during.

hdkappler

Drivers in the state of Washington have won 2 lawsuits in the past 10 years over the lunch issue. Each time, the drivers received large checks, not $100-$200, but $2500-$10,000. Before the lawsuits, drivers were required to take an hour lunch. (Meaning....Record an hour lunch even if you took a 1/2 hr lunch or no lunch.) After the first lawsuit it became policy the driver could take a 1/2 hr lunch if needed, not the mandatory hour. (UPS really didn't want us sitting around for an hour.) After the second lawsuit, UPS has the Diad remind the driver that its time to take their lunch and the Diad will not allow you to sheet(Scan) pkgs during your lunch period.

I guess my point here is, UPS "knowingly" takes advantage of the drivers who have a life...family, play sports, etc...that they will skip their lunch to get in earlier. UPS only has the Diads programmed to go to a "Lunch Mode" in the states that have successfully sued UPS. WHY DOESN'T UPS HAVE THE LUNCH SOFTWARE IN ALL DIADS NATIONWIDE??????

VTBrown

As to time over....only the lunch is actually taken out of your plan.

The breaks do not come out of your plan. So here we get two 10 minute breaks. Thats 20 minutes of sitting that goes to your paid over.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I got a check for 5020.00 dollars that came just in time. I really needed it. It seems as though my math was off about 1000.00 or so dollars. Or more likely their math was off 1000.00 or so dollars. but eh its better than 20 extra stops at 7pm on a Friday

helping

Yopu must be management. UPS has for years encouraged working before start times and working through lunches. Why do you
think we wanted 9.5 language.