class action lawsuit against UPS

tieguy

Banned
What a sadsack you are, tieguy, you don't hear yourself. Some here sought to engage you in earnest discussions but instead received your venomous reply. You wanted to play a game of mean-spirited words. Now that you're losing badly, make a miserable attempt to steer the issue to my hostility, rather than your ugly words to character of union employees which created my hatred of you and UPS. I despise you, tieguy. Everyone here knows the workplace reality, yet you shamelessly continue to hawk worthless UPS speak-points. Nickel worth advice for free, scumbag, UPS lies do not become truer with repetition. I despise you and every management person at UPS that fed you the defaming language, repeats its and aware of the content of your posts. Now, if you cannot tolerate the reeking pile of crap then I strongly recommend you and fellow lying thieving scumbags quit :censored2:ing in your bed. UPS has no one to blame but itself.

wow dd do you speak english? Everything you post sounds like it came straight from the teamster communist propaganda machine. Its not my fault you stole from the company with this BS lawsuit. I do have a right to voice my opinion on your thievery. Let me know if you learn how to speak normal english and actually engage in this ernest discussion format you have yet to achieve.

helenofcalifornia

I think a moderator needs to step in on this argument. I resent being called a thief by Tieguy. I have never been a thief, am not now and will never be a thief. UPS acknowledges that their past practices were wrong by settling this lawsuit before it went to court. Get a life, Tie.

tieguy

Banned
I think a moderator needs to step in on this argument. I resent being called a thief by Tieguy. I have never been a thief, am not now and will never be a thief. UPS acknowledges that their past practices were wrong by settling this lawsuit before it went to court. Get a life, Tie.

Ok then prove me wrong.

Show me that you earned that check for over 2000.

that you had all those lunchs you skipped because you had no other choice.

that you were then shorted those lunchs.

that you grieved the cost of those lunchs and were denied being compensated for it.

If not then put on the glass slippers.

This conversation started because you bragged about taking that check. I asked you to prove you earned it. I'm still asking you to prove it. Can you?

N

n//a

ok can you prove that ups mangement never intentionly over dispatched a driver so that he would n't have a choice but to run thru lunch and try to meet unrealistic expectations and sadly we sometimes do...

tieguy

Banned
ok can you prove that ups mangement never intentionly over dispatched a driver so that he would n't have a choice but to run thru lunch and try to meet unrealistic expectations and sadly we sometimes do...

I don't know why the moderators let these worthless anon posts through. The issue again is not whether the lunch system in california had flaws. It did. The question is to whether individuals here on this board who took money from the lawsuit were entitled to it. If they felt they were not entitled then the honest thing to do would have been to withdraw from the lawsuit. A few posters bragged about taking the money. Those posters then cried when I challenged their integrity. Prove me wrong. Cite where you were forced to skip 2500 lunch breaks and grieved it without being compensated for those 2500 lunch breaks. If you can't do that then you have serious integrity issues to explain.

trickpony1

I'm trying to figure out why the Ivory Towers haven't recognized your inherent worth to the organization and dispatched the corporate jet to sweep you and yours down to Neverland to displace Mikey and rescue the company?

tieguy

Banned
I'm trying to figure out why the Ivory Towers haven't recognized your inherent worth to the organization and dispatched the corporate jet to sweep you and yours down to Neverland to displace Mikey and rescue the company?

psst dude. there are no ivory towers. Mickey and neverland were made up. Its all a hoax and you're the flamer on this thread..

crickets still chirping............

Cezanne

Bottom line is that this case is settled, as usual the attorneys made out good with their percentages. What is worrying to the powers that be is that this might set a presidence for future class action suits in other states. Simply thing like skipping breaks and lunches, just wait till these lawyers start sniffing around the health and welfare and pension issues. Guessing that there was enought hard evidence to justify the settlement, so maybe it was a standard to force employees to skip there lunches to look good on paper. Face it, the only way that these supervisors and managers were to get to the next rung on that corporate ladder is to rant and rave and intimidate the drivers to make their standards. As far as integrity issues with the drivers and such taking the settlement monies, consider your MIP stock over the years not so much recently but in the 80's and 90's did any management employee ever returned their MIP earnings because they felt that they did not earn it. Name one and let us call this as it is.:cool:

gandydancer

See {link deleted by administrator}, although it's not up-to-date. That $87M minus $23M for the lawyer. Still, his 25% is directly tied to the total, so he presumably pushed UPS to pay as much as possible. Neither the lawyer or UPS had much incentive to see that the $64M was allocated correctly -- it was just left to UPS Payroll. A 10+ hour day is a calendar day in which you worked over 10 hours, not an actual UPS workday (clock-in to clock-out) which might extend over a midnight. Thus, e.g., if you work night hub, shuttle, ..., Saturday Air your six work days are spread over seven calendar days and your number of 10+ hour days systematically understated. And there are some other process problems I found out about from Kershaw, despite Rust claiming they had no info other than the four numbers... But the money lost by one teamster in this allocation problem will go to another Teamster, and no one expected the money. I know one 22.3 who was air driving for a couple years, racked up a lot of 10+ working preload, and is getting over $17K.

Last edited by a moderator:

tieguy

Banned
Bottom line is that this case is settled, as usual the attorneys made out good with their percentages. What is worrying to the powers that be is that this might set a presidence for future class action suits in other states. Simply thing like skipping breaks and lunches, just wait till these lawyers start sniffing around the health and welfare and pension issues. Guessing that there was enought hard evidence to justify the settlement, so maybe it was a standard to force employees to skip there lunches to look good on paper. Face it, the only way that these supervisors and managers were to get to the next rung on that corporate ladder is to rant and rave and intimidate the drivers to make their standards. As far as integrity issues with the drivers and such taking the settlement monies, consider your MIP stock over the years not so much recently but in the 80's and 90's did any management employee ever returned their MIP earnings because they felt that they did not earn it. Name one and let us call this as it is.:cool:

I'm sorry Cezanne the issue is there is already a process in place to address lunch issues. It starts with the contract and the grievance process. Therefore the logical question if a driver named helen took 2500 did she earn it?

Was she shorted 2500 meal breaks.

Did she grieve those 2500 meal breaks?

Was she denied compensation after grieving those 2500 meal breaks.

Its really a simple question despite the efforts of many here to throw up one flare after another.

crickets chirping.................

helenofcalifornia

Quit using my name. I am not the only one to get the money that was owed to me. And I don't have to figure out the hours UPS shorted me, they already had the figures. Hmmm.... And if you were in the class action lawsuit, it is within your rights to turn down the money. Thousands of us didn't.

tieguy

Banned
Quit using my name. I am not the only one to get the money that was owed to me. And I don't have to figure out the hours UPS shorted me, they already had the figures. Hmmm.... And if you were in the class action lawsuit, it is within your rights to turn down the money. Thousands of us didn't.

Thousands did or thousands did not?

Seriously though I don't blame you for taking the money. And if you're humping cardboard outta one of those little brown trucks then you earned it.

Couldn't resist the philosophical debate. :thumbup1:

daddaj

wow dd do you speak english? Everything you post sounds like it came straight from the teamster communist propaganda machine. Its not my fault you stole from the company with this BS lawsuit. I do have a right to voice my opinion on your thievery. Let me know if you learn how to speak normal english and actually engage in this ernest discussion format you have yet to achieve.

RIF, I said some here sought discussion. I have no interest but make you look like the lying thieving fool your are.

Not without coincidence your put-downs sound like that used by the Nazis. They too are morally degenerative and hide behind self-ordained superiority and false virtues. You represent yourself to be lettered man or man of letters, I have no delusion about myself being either. However, what reason leads you to believe you possess mastery of English language? "Benifited" and "combatitive" are misspellings I can easily overlook by reading through the mistakes, but "rigidly combatitive" is babble only you can understand. Either you forgot to included the context which may have given meaning to the term (if any coherent interpretation is possible) or expecting readers to be impressed with a pathetic wordsmith. Whichever maybe the case you are embarrassingly short of what you hope to represent.

With each post you make bigger fool of yourself by pretending to be wiser than any person here. Face it, you're not intelligent, just full of yourself. I expect your next reply to consist of only 3-4 words because your beginning to realize just how of much of target your mouth makes you. Now go tell your lying thieving scumbag friends at United Pirates Service how you defended their right to plunder wages. Meanwhile I will be booking my reservation to Disneyworld.

daddaj

psst dude. there are no ivory towers. Mickey and neverland were made up. Its all a hoax and you're the flamer on this thread....

Seems you received some heartbreaking news that can only be talked about in whispers. When did United Pirates Service give you the bad news. Did they make you turn in the Mickey and Neverland regalia?

gandydancer

Dunno why the link to ********** was deleteted as spam -- unless you click through to the class counsel and search their site there's no place to give them business. And there's a lot of answers to questions posed in this thread there. I think the lack of transparency in the allocation computation is a deliberate sacrifice of claimant interest to lawyer interest, and the named plaintiff (Class Representative) "enhancements" are risibly small. So accusing me of spamming for ******** is way off base...

Anyway, I want to correct something: unclaimed payouts will not necessarily go to other drivers. Though the $23M man (Kershaw) TOLD me he WANTS the undistributed money to go to other claimants, the actual proposed settlement names some charities to get leftovers, and I understand the extra 10+ hour days I can come up with for a coworker (I'm 22.3, and didn't drive any in the covered period) will be paid first from undistributed funds rather than attempt a recalc. I'm considering a presentation to the judge at the "final fairness hearing" on 4/9 about throwing out the whole calculation, but since I didn't make a written submission 3/8 I dunno if I can... If anyone did make a written statement in opposition, please contact me. Maybe I can piggyback my concerns into the hearing that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

daddaj

This conversation started because you bragged about taking that check. I asked you to prove you earned it. I'm still asking you to prove it. Can you?

Conversation? You're thinking you can run an inquisition, dipstick. Not only am I bragging about taking the check, I'm going to insert an image of the check.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
---Notice---

Do not post any references to specific law firms, law firm web sites, last names of lawyers, specific phrases which when googled go directly to your lawyer etc. If any references like this are brought to my attention they will be deleted.

Many times in the past 7 years lawyers have attempted to exploit this forum to recruit clients. Their shills have registered under false identities and claimed to be part time sups, package car drivers or union stewards. A couple of times these same people later approached me asking me to refer people to a specific law firm. In other instances their true identities were revealed in some other way, but they had the same type of agenda.

It is my intention to delete any and all references to lawyers or legal firms from this forum. There will be no exceptions.

If you see this type of information being posted I would appreciate it if you would report the post.