Cleaning UPS trucks

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I don't know how some of you guys drive a filthy P/C,,, I cleaned my windows my self and swept out the inside when they stopped doing it !! I was caught by a sup onetime doing my windows on my route,,told me to do it on break,,,lol lol i laughed and threw out my seeing habits at him as he growled and walked away !

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm amazed at how many drivers haven't figured out that you can use a DR bag for all of your trash and throw it away at the end of the day. I came back from vacation and had a weeks worth of trash in my truck.

rod

Retired 22 years
In my 23 years I have yet to pee in to a bottle. I guess I was just raised differently. To be fair, there are quite a few trees in rural upstate NY that have my DNA.

One of our 22.3's retired recently so carwashing has taken a back seat until he is replaced. The other day I pulled in, off loaded the packages, punched out and then hosed down the interior of the PC, including the cab and all shelves, pulled out the mats and got rid of all of the crap that had built up in there. Took me about 10-15 minutes. Time well spent.

Still working off the clock I see. Why would you punch out to do this? You don't have to answer that---we know why.

barnyard

KTM rider
I'm amazed at how many drivers haven't figured out that you can use a DR bag for all of your trash and throw it away at the end of the day. I came back from vacation and had a weeks worth of trash in my truck.

That drives me insane. Mine is not as nice as a 5 star restaurant, but I do sweep it out weekly and make sure that trash is thrown out daily. I do all my cleaning on the clock. There is no reason to work in a pig sty.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
In my 23 years I have yet to pee in to a bottle. I guess I was just raised differently. To be fair, there are quite a few trees in rural upstate NY that have my DNA.

One of our 22.3's retired recently so carwashing has taken a back seat until he is replaced. The other day I pulled in, off loaded the packages, punched out and then hosed down the interior of the PC, including the cab and all shelves, pulled out the mats and got rid of all of the crap that had built up in there. Took me about 10-15 minutes. Time well spent.

Why would you punch out? I sweep out my Pkg car everyday when I it get back to the building, its part of my post trip and there's have never been a word said to me. I also have the cleanest Pkg car in the building. I always tell everyone that your Pkg car is your home, you spend more time in that Pkg car than you do at home

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why would you punch out? I sweep out my Pkg car everyday when I it get back to the building, its part of my post trip and there's have never been a word said to me. I also have the cleanest Pkg car in the building. I always tell everyone that your Pkg car is your home, you spend more time in that Pkg car than you do at home

10 minutes works out to $5----I'm not going to bitch about $5.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The other day I pulled in, off loaded the packages, punched out and then hosed down the interior of the PC, including the cab and all shelves, pulled out the mats and got rid of all of the crap that had built up in there. Took me about 10-15 minutes. Time well spent.

I have no problem with you taking the time to clean out your truck. But, stay on the clock and code the time out to car wash. At the very least, you'll get somebody's attention to rectify the lack of car-wash.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The other day I pulled in, off loaded the packages, punched out and then hosed down the interior of the PC, including the cab and all shelves, pulled out the mats and got rid of all of the crap that had built up in there. Took me about 10-15 minutes. Time well spent.

10 minutes works out to $5----I'm not going to bitch about $5.

Bitch???
Interesting term as that's what you were...

Conversely, why would they bitch if you did it on the clock???

BTW, at the OT rate it's more like $10+

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Some of us have a truck full of pick up pieces. Back in the day when I had a spare minute before my pickups I swept it out a couple times but now screw it.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
There always the cab, u know that flim of dust that shows up everyday or the cab is so dirty its now a layer of gray matter.