Cleaning UPS trucks

I am a 17 year old who works at UPS, my supervisor said i was taking to long to clean trucks. Hpw long do you think it should take to clean the windows, sides and back?

rod

Retired 22 years
you can get fired for anything-----staying fired is another thing though. They like to fire people just to get their attention.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
He is trying to tell you to do less cleaning and more getting off the clock before he gets chewed out by his bean counting superior.You will learn the language with time.

A

anonymous6

to be 17 again, i was pumping gas for 2.50 an hr and then drinking it all up on weekends.

H

htown0721

We have a guy who goes up and down each pen during the night shift cleaning the windows of every truck. He takes forever to clean each window and his job seems so boring. Yet, I am jealous every time I walk out of one load and head into another and there he is cleaning the windows taking his time. Enjoy it and work as instructed but always remember the harder you work the higher the expectations are for tomorrow.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I cleaned PC for over ten years, roughly 4 per hour including hosing out the cab floor.
I was always amazed at just how much stuff can collect in those door tracks.
At least one a month , I also did the interiors of all the glass.
Doing a wet wash, always start scrubbing at the bottom, in an overlapping motion like a sideways number 8 and a quick up & down motion on the topside.
This will increase your cleaning, after all the bottom sections gets the most dirt.
And always remember to soap up & rinse the mirrors.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In my 23 years I have yet to pee in to a bottle. I guess I was just raised differently. To be fair, there are quite a few trees in rural upstate NY that have my DNA.

One of our 22.3's retired recently so carwashing has taken a back seat until he is replaced. The other day I pulled in, off loaded the packages, punched out and then hosed down the interior of the PC, including the cab and all shelves, pulled out the mats and got rid of all of the crap that had built up in there. Took me about 10-15 minutes. Time well spent.