climate catastrophe

rickyb

interesting interview. id have to hear more opinions about this documentary. says we need to move to a zero growth economy (no :censored2:).

rickyb

im doing physics right now im on the section on energy, and they talk about energy conversions and how inefficient cars are. you put gas in, but only i think 15% of it is actually converted to the energy of movement, the rest is wasted as heat energy.

cars already sit unused 80% of the time if not more. i only use my car maybe 1 hour a day if i work. so its sitting unused 23/24 hours of the day. when i use my car, i am using 1/5 of its capacity, so 80% of its capacity is unused.

so this system is a major disaster. im watching planet of the humans documentary right now and right now hes ragging automakers for their electric cars and how they power it. ive heard this argument before.

im doing physics right now im on the section on energy, and they talk about energy conversions and how inefficient cars are. you put gas in, but only i think 15% of it is actually converted to the energy of movement, the rest is wasted as heat energy.

cars already sit unused 80% of the time if not more. i only use my car maybe 1 hour a day if i work. so its sitting unused 23/24 hours of the day. when i use my car, i am using 1/5 of its capacity, so 80% of its capacity is unused.

so this system is a major disaster. im watching planet of the humans documentary right now and right now hes ragging automakers for their electric cars and how they power it. ive heard this argument before.
Your car has a lifespan. The more you use It, the shorter it’s life. The less you use it, the longer it’s life.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
BS. it sitting unused shortens the life span. ideally you want to use it all the time.
Wrong. You buy 3 or 4 cars/trucks for different purposes. The benefits of capitalism go on and on. Remove the smog equipment for extra horsepower!

rickyb

just watched planet of hte humans and i was wrong. i knew after watching that famous vegan movie that major environmental groups were on the take from capitalists (not to mention all of the american so called healthy diet groups being on the take from capitalists). they are pushing "renewable" sources of energy which might not be so renewable after all. its our lifestyle that largely has to change or the way we do things.

take a guess when we started using oil. we are living in a bubble. all civilizations die. we havent done the work to make this one last.:
1593379933065.png

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Haven't you been listening to the :censored2:tard in the White House, oops sorry my bad, on his golf course?

The country is open!
Sure, but not 100 percent. It will take time to rebuild. A lot more time if Creepy Joe gets in.