Climate change again

vantexan

I am looking for a flat-out clad prediction of another ice age there.
How about a mini ice age like the Maunder Minimum? Don't have to have glaciers and ice sheets, just a shortened growing season and crop failures leading to famine and mass starvation. With over 7 billion people on Earth it's within the realm of possibility if we have a cooling period that lasts for decades.

vantexan

How about a mini ice age like the Maunder Minimum? Don't have to have glaciers and ice sheets, just a shortened growing season and crop failures leading to famine and mass starvation. With over 7 billion people on Earth it's within the realm of possibility if we have a cooling period that lasts for decades.
IWBF...it has happened before, not a one off. It could be that man made climate change plus a major solar minimum would cancel each other out for awhile as opposed to continuing higher temps or a colder climate. Remains to be seen.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I was watching the South Carolina Democrat Exit Questions coverage on CNN and Climate Change was important to 14% of the people polled.

I would have thought it would be higher than that.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Record lows? Lol, they are telling us the whole earth is melting due to my SUV?

...“This newly recognized cold record is an important reminder about the stark contrasts that exist on this planet.”...

Non sequitur

West coast states are the biggest polluters! How much carbon is being released due to all the wild fires? Oh wait CNN will probably reference research showing how the wild fires is a net positive. Because it moves non-natives off the land and any deaths that occurs decreases future earth carbon loads. Sorry if some communist professor postulated the theory already.

Theories are science and you will believe!

rickyb

Record lows? Lol, they are telling us the whole earth is melting due to my SUV?

...“This newly recognized cold record is an important reminder about the stark contrasts that exist on this planet.”...
1991...thats 30 years ago LOL

it should be increasingly obvious the earth has warmed and is going to :censored2:s

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
1991...thats 30 years ago LOL

it should be increasingly obvious the earth has warmed and is going to :censored2:s
30 years in geological time is squat. Only 10k years ago we were under miles of ice!

Cooling was happening despite my air conditioning leaking freon?

Serf

In the northeast it’s been straight squirrel genocide. Hundreds hit by cars. Flat as cardboard. It does seem they are foraging extra this fall because they are prepping for a brutal winter. Or maybe it’s just me on the road too much.