Climate change again

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
fossil fuels are an ancient technology. its mafia capitalism. big oil controls the market and slows innovation.
In that fossils by definition are ancient ... yeah.
In regards to the use of fossil fuels ... less than 150 years old and widespread use, less than a hundred years old.
Just because it started before you were born, doesn't mean it is ancient.
Head back down to your caveman basement and rue on your ignorance for a century or two! :wink2:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
What is there that will replace fossil fuels?
Talking about ancient!

Working Steers and Oxen on the Small Farm
by Tim Huppe of Farmington, NH

The number of teams of working steers and oxen being trained and used in some fashion in North America is on the rise. The present number may be the greatest in over forty years. There are several factors contributing to this increase.

For centuries, the skills of training steers for work and the craft of building yokes and related equipment was passed down from generation to generation. It was common for a young boy or girl to be responsible for the care and training of a team from calves to the age of working capability. Many farms trained a team each year, either for sale or for future replacement in their own draft program. The older, accomplished teamsters will say that no one ever taught them to train cattle; they just did it! Very little information was available in print until Dr. Drew Conroy put pen to paper. He has spent many hundreds of hours researching and writing. His books The Oxen Handbook and Oxen, A Teamsters Guide are the most definitive sources of information to date. His many articles in farm magazines go into greater depth on a variety of subjects. A complete novice can follow Conroy’s teamster guide and produce a good pair of working cattle.

sfj_working_steers_oxen_small_farm_07.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
In regards to the use of fossil fuels ... less than 150 years old and widespread use, less than a hundred years old.
Head back down to your caveman basement and rue on your ignorance for a century or two! :wink2:

You mean you can't get methane from pig :censored2:?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I'm sorry, with the decrease in individual human's expected lifespan ... make that a couple of decades! :wince:

vantexan

Talking about ancient!

Working Steers and Oxen on the Small Farm
by Tim Huppe of Farmington, NH

The number of teams of working steers and oxen being trained and used in some fashion in North America is on the rise. The present number may be the greatest in over forty years. There are several factors contributing to this increase.

For centuries, the skills of training steers for work and the craft of building yokes and related equipment was passed down from generation to generation. It was common for a young boy or girl to be responsible for the care and training of a team from calves to the age of working capability. Many farms trained a team each year, either for sale or for future replacement in their own draft program. The older, accomplished teamsters will say that no one ever taught them to train cattle; they just did it! Very little information was available in print until Dr. Drew Conroy put pen to paper. He has spent many hundreds of hours researching and writing. His books The Oxen Handbook and Oxen, A Teamsters Guide are the most definitive sources of information to date. His many articles in farm magazines go into greater depth on a variety of subjects. A complete novice can follow Conroy’s teamster guide and produce a good pair of working cattle.

sfj_working_steers_oxen_small_farm_07.jpg
If they want to do that themselves more power to them. If they think that's going to produce enough food to feed 325 million they're nuts.

rickyb

What is there that will replace fossil fuels?
wind and solar for one.

public transport is another.

a new system where everyone doesnt own everything and not use it most of the time.

my computer gets probably the most use of anything i own. everything else is pretty minor.

vantexan

wind and solar for one.

public transport is another.

a new system where everyone doesnt own everything and not use it most of the time.

my computer gets probably the most use of anything i own. everything else is pretty minor.
Have you looked into the environmental impact of wind turbines and solar farms? What about airplanes? What do you use for heat?

Serf

Ted Kaczynski's said: "The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race."
Serf said: The more tech gives us, the more it takes away.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Here's today's climate lesson. Yes, it's possible the Earth is in a heating cycle. These take hundreds of thousands of years, so it's basically impossible that the rapid increases in temperatures we have seen are related to anything but the use of fossil fuels etc. by man.

In other words, it's happening too fast to be explained away by the "heating cycle" theory.

I await your denials.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Here's today's climate lesson. Yes, it's possible the Earth is in a heating cycle. These take hundreds of thousands of years, so it's basically impossible that the rapid increases in temperatures we have seen are related to anything but the use of fossil fuels etc. by man.

In other words, it's happening too fast to be explained away by the "heating cycle" theory.

I await your denials.
Above is a climate lesson from a Stupid d*head that does not have the capacity to understand what he reads!

It doesn't take hundreds of thousands of years ... as usual, you're just making stuff up or even more likely you don't have the ability to understand what you read.
Second, your reply to my post is just plain goofy in that, I said nothing like that.
I happen to believe that the Earth is in a warming cycle and quite possible that man is contributing to that warming.

Immediately below is a link to the NASA publications on this subject ... not that Liberal DemWits have the ability to understand it!
Maybe you were thinking about the Milankovitch theory.
Below is an extract from NASA

Orbital Variations and Earth Tilting
Changes in orbital eccentricity affect the Earth-sun distance. Currently, a difference of only 3 percent (5 million kilometers) exists between closest approach (perihelion), which occurs on or about January 3, and furthest departure (aphelion), which occurs on or about July 4. This difference in distance amounts to about a 6 percent increase in incoming solar radiation (insolation) from July to January. The shape of the Earth’s orbit changes from being elliptical (high eccentricity) to being nearly circular (low eccentricity) in a cycle that takes between 90,000 and 100,000 years. When the orbit is highly elliptical, the amount of insolation received at perihelion would be on the order of 20 to 30 percent greater than at aphelion, resulting in a substantially different climate from what we experience today.

orbital_variation.gif

Last edited:

vantexan

I await your denials.
And I'll say we're leaving a solar maximum and entering a solar minimum. Possibly a grand solar minimum like the Maunder and Dalton solar minimums. If so glad I'm older.