Clocked out but was being forced to punch back in. (I am a driver)

Madgreek

So basically there is this A-hole supervisor who just started and is making me always do stuff after i get done with my route. (I reside in California so I have no clue how the union works out here or what my contract is). Today however, I got sick of it and just walked away. A couple of things to point out though.

1. I was already punched out before he could see me,

2 I was in the building but again I was already punched out before he could talk to,

3. He kept on preventing me from leaving the office room by physically putting his arms out to block my way from leaving.

4. I went all day and got no ODS call nothing about doing anything extra. I was never notified period till last minute and that was again before he saw me.

Help me out union brothers, I have no clue what to do and I am sick and tired of all the unfair jeopardization of my seniority rights.

542thruNthru

What local if you don't mind me asking?

Did you complete 8 hours or more of work or did you do 4 hours and sneak back into the building and punch out?

Honestly I don't think you need to worry much. You're off the clock and from what it sounds like you have seniority over many that were still working.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So basically there is this A-hole supervisor who just started and is making me always do stuff after i get done with my route. (I reside in California so I have no clue how the union works out here or what my contract is). Today however, I got sick of it and just walked away. A couple of things to point out though.

2 I was in the building but again I was already punched out before he could talk to,

3. He kept on preventing me from leaving the office room by physically putting his arms out to block my way from leaving.

4. I went all day and got no ODS call nothing about doing anything extra. I was never notified period till last minute and that was again before he saw me.

Help me out union brothers, I have no clue what to do and I am sick and tired of all the unfair jeopardization of my seniority rights.

Do you pay union dues since you reside in California and have no idea how any of this union stuff works?

Madgreek

Did you complete 8 hours or more of work or did you do 4 hours and sneak back into the building and punch out?

Honestly I don't think you need to worry much. You're off the clock and from what it sounds like you have seniority over many that were still working.
basically it was 4:30 but yeah it wasnt a full 8 just 30 mins left of work but still though, would they make it go to panel? i think i am local 315?

542thruNthru

basically it was 4:30 but yeah it wasnt a full 8 just 30 mins left of work but still though, would they make it go to panel? i think i am local 115?
Doubt your local 115 becauae thats NJ I believe. I also doubt they will take it to panel.

Though I would be ready to be pulled into the office and make sure you have a steward.

Where in CA are you?

Madgreek

one more thing, aparently i dont know how much of this is true but since I was the only one in the building that burden has fallen onto me and alot of drivers have said that this true. Now I dont know whats the point of seiniorty if they can just grab whoever they want thats there already. I can be done but if I had went to the building and was the only one there they force me to work even though someone lower than me could be heading back to building. Its quite unfair

nWo

If you want to be paid for 8 hours and you haven't worked 8 hours management can give you more work. But no that small incident isn't going to go to panel. Get on the 9.5 list and file.

542thruNthru

one more thing, aparently i dont know how much of this is true but since I was the only one in the building that burden has fallen onto me and alot of drivers have said that this true. Now I dont know whats the point of seiniorty if they can just grab whoever they want thats there already. I can be done but if I had went to the building and was the only one there they force me to work even though someone lower than me could be heading back to building. Its quite unfair
If you're the only one available then yes they can force you to work. The company has a right to service its customers. They don't have to wait till the lowest seniority guys is done at 9pm.

Madgreek

If you're the only one available then yes they can force you to work. The company has a right to service its customers. They don't have to wait till the lowest seniority guys is done at 9pm.
Even though I was punched out waaaaay before? I want to know the rulings on being punched out before they contact you

El Correcto

god is dead

You can lose your job over this where I’m at and they will definitely talk to you about it the next day and give you full heads up that they plan to do just that if it ever happens again. Union stewards also back them up and will talk to you after the meeting about it.

Heard of multiple seniority guys just having a bad day and blowing a gasket over being sent to help after making it back to the building. Just try to be a respectful professional and you will have this job for a long time with no going home worrying about losing it.

Madgreek

If you want to be paid for 8 hours and you haven't worked 8 hours management can give you more work. But no that small incident isn't going to go to panel. Get on the 9.5 list and file.
I am on the list I just always fear grieving anything because I don't want to be on bad terms with the sups. I like our other two sups just now this one. It sucks man I try hard not to be the bad guy but I guess I gotta