Co-worker OLCC'd for...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
MrFedEx, I disagree.

Having only been with the company 3 measly years, working for much less than my previous position at UPS.
I've been at 2 stations(opposite sides of country) had 6 Positive OLCC's 3 paying BZ's and one negative OLCC for swapping two astra labels during a pup.

I've seen plenty of Positive OLCC's lots of negative too(mostly deserved for the self-serving slackers I work with)

You get popped with an OLCC for an ASTRA swap? That gets us a nastygram in the mailbox. Any WDL's via overlooks are a different story, though. We get shot for those. ;)

SmithBarney

It might have been a nastygram... i do recall getting a negative OLCC that I had to "verify" or whatever on the computer.
its not on there anymore that I can find.

Washu234

The only time I've received a negative OLCC was when I was flying standby and missed my flight. I made it to work 3 hours. Ha. MGMT was not happy.

I do get a lot of 'confirm you read this' on the system (like our recent security and ethics handouts).

FedEx2000

It's human nature to point out the negatives and take all the positives for granted, just the way most people are wired. The ratio that managers are told to aim for is 4 positive OLCC's for each corrective OLCC, and they are tracked. Down side of this is that there are a lot of complimentary OLCC's handed out for just showing up for work, no extra effort neccesary, just becomes a compliance issue. Also, about the BZ's.....each manager is instructed to give out at least 1 cash BZ per month, generally $50, but up to $100 if warranted. Not earth shattering, but it pays for a tank of gas/groceries. Not supposed to give a BZ to the same person 2 months in a row or more than twice a year I believe. Biggest problem with the cash BZ and safe driving/service awards has been tax issues. That's why BZ's are a line item vs. a separate check, that way they are only taxed at income rates vs. higher gift/bonus rates.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'd like to see the old version of the BZ come back, where there was a real payout. A paper BZ is OK, but when you actually see some cash behind it the employee feels more valued.

I agree. But I don't see it happening.

Heaven forbid Fred from paying out a courier anything extra.

He's way too cheap.