Coal Consumption

rod

Retired 22 years
Our leaders want us completely off fossil fuel while world coal consumption hits record high.
I've preached this for years. BRING BACK COAL. There are an estimated 300 years of coal reserves just waiting. We shut a coal power plant every week while China and India open up 6 or 8 new ones. It's a losing battle--

PT Car Washer

I've preached this for years. BRING BACK COAL. There are an estimated 300 years of coal reserves just waiting. We shut a coal power plant every week while China and India open up 6 or 8 new ones. It's a losing battle--
Renewable energy will last forever. My state has reached the level of self-sufficiency in generating electrical power from wind turbines. Number 2 in the country for generating electricity from the wind after Texas. Except ours works in the Winter.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Renewable energy will last forever. My state has reached the level of self-sufficiency in generating electrical power from wind turbines. Number 2 in the country for generating electricity from the wind after Texas. Except ours works in the Winter.
How many birds died to achieve that goal ?
Since wind farms are created along the natural flight paths of birds, incidents happen.

vantexan

There are several states that produce over half their electricity from wind. Can't find through Google any that are self sufficient. What magical place are you in? Iowa? By the way you won't find wind farms in a lot of states because the wind needed to generate enough to be worthwhile just isn't there.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I bet they still have coal and natural gas plant for the hard times. Build a windmill kill a whale, eh.
In other news...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Our leaders want us completely off fossil fuel while world coal consumption hits record high.
They want the US off coal. China and India are free to burn unlimited amounts, which they are, China built something on the order of two coal burning plants per week in 2022. Meanwhile, we have a major grid problem as we shut down plant after coal burning plant here in the US.

rod

Retired 22 years
Renewable energy will last forever. My state has arereached the level of self-sufficiency in generating electrical power from wind turbines. Number 2 in the country for generating electricity from the wind after Texas. Except ours works in the Winter.
Wind farms are the worst of all green energy. Terrible cost for upkeep- the blades once worn out are almost impossible to recycle- look UGLY.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
There are several states that produce over half their electricity from wind. Can't find through Google any that are self sufficient. What magical place are you in? Iowa? By the way you won't find wind farms in a lot of states because the wind needed to generate enough to be worthwhile just isn't there.
He’s full of baloney