COLA raise

Tower

How does the cola raise work? I've been there since October of 2021...started at $15 then a month or two went by and randomly started getting 15.33. When should the current cola kick in and how much should it be...I've had to grieve about my pay not being correct multiple times so I want to figure out exactly when and how much since they never seem to get it right.

Gman33909

You should get 1.00 raise, your rate will will go to 15.50 because thats what starting pay is as of aug 1 2023 plus your cola of 83 cents. When you hit your 1 year anniversary your should get the rest of your general wage increase (GWI) for this year.

Hadjabear

$16.32. Gwi for part timers says those who attain seniority as of August 1 2018. You should be paid that for hours worked starting August 1 2022. Timecard viewer on upsers website will show hours and pay rate

boxerdan

You should go up to $16.65 by my calculation. The bump you got from $15 to $15.33 was last years cola after you attained seniority. You'll get another .82¢ cola, as well as a .50¢ annual raise, so it should go up to $16.65.

Its_a_me

You should get 1.00 raise, your rate will will go to 15.50 because thats what starting pay is as of aug 1 2023 plus your cola of 83 cents. When you hit your 1 year anniversary your should get the rest of your general wage increase (GWI) for this year.
False.

PT'ers hired after Aug 1, 2018 are on the $0.50 GWI tract (not the .70, .75, .80, .90, 1.00 tract). It's in NMA Article 22 Section 5 Part b.

Aug 1, 2022 (not 2023) the $.50 + .82 (not .83 as the union lost on the rounding calculation of .0825 downward) means your raise goes to $16.65.

Your seniority date has no bearing on the GWI as the NMA specifies Aug 1st not your seniority date as when the raise is due. COLA is covered by article 33 in the NMA and uses the language all employees that have hit seniority. So that is why you had to wait for your $0.33 until your seniority date but won't have to wait for this year's COLA.

Its_a_me

How does the cola raise work? I've been there since October of 2021...started at $15 then a month or two went by and randomly started getting 15.33. When should the current cola kick in and how much should it be...I've had to grieve about my pay not being correct multiple times so I want to figure out exactly when and how much since they never seem to get it right.
COLA is covered in the National Master Agreement Article 33.

The article uses the language all employees that have hit seniority. So that is why you had to wait for your $0.33 until your seniority date but won't have to wait for this year's COLA (as you already hit it).

This year's COLA is $0.82. It is calculated from The Bureau of Labor Statistics' (or BLS) Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers (or CPI-W) using a 3% adjustment from the prior May numbers (which are published in June).

The link to the raw numbers is here.

Read Article 33 if you want more info on COLA.

Tower

False.

PT'ers hired after Aug 1, 2018 are on the $0.50 GWI tract (not the .70, .75, .80, .90, 1.00 tract). It's in NMA Article 22 Section 5 Part b.

Aug 1, 2022 (not 2023) the $.50 + .82 (not .83 as the union lost on the rounding calculation of .0825 downward) means your raise goes to $16.65.

Your seniority date has no bearing on the GWI as the NMA specifies Aug 1st not your seniority date as when the raise is due. COLA is covered by article 33 in the NMA and uses the language all employees that have hit seniority. So that is why you had to wait for your $0.33 until your seniority date but won't have to wait for this year's COLA.
Thank you this seems to be correct as my time card just updated and it is 16.65/hr now, which is the .82 +.50. And when I hit my one year I should get another .50?

boxerdan

Yup.

If I'm not mistaken previous contracts had "newly-hired part-timers" (ie part timers in their first contract) receive annual raises based off their seniority date, but that's been done away.

I'd personally like to see a progression for PTers, but at a minimum I think part timers should get GWI from their seniority date. Makes no damn sense to me that a PTer who hit seniority August 2nd 2018 makes the same as somebody who reaches seniority tomorrow.

pretty sad for our union job.
🧔‍♂️✊
Yes and no

Back when I started people wanted to get their foot in the door so you had a chance at a driving job.

You cannot make a part-time job and expect to get full time rpcd wages.

And also what other part-time job gives you a pension plan and healthcare with no expenses out of your paycheck?

That stuff cost a lot of money

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Yes and no

Back when I started people wanted to get their foot in the door so you had a chance at a driving job.

And also what other part-time job gives you a pension plan and healthcare with no expenses out of your paycheck?

I agree union brother , unfortunately the 2am—9am $15 an hour job to lift overweights all morning isnt worth it. Driving hours have gone down hill as well no one wants to do that either. It’s up to UPS to fix this. Not to mention forced Saturdays now.

🧔‍♂️✊

I agree union brother , unfortunately the 2am—9am $15 an hour job to lift overweights all morning isnt worth it. Driving hours have gone down hill as well no one wants to do that either. It’s up to UPS to fix this. Not to mention forced Saturdays now.

🧔‍♂️✊
As much as this place sucks sometimes I consider myself fortunate for opportunities

Honduh

Anyone else get their bonus taken away or reduced? We got the raise but had our bonus cut in half so basically our paychecks won't change even though we technically got a raise. Everyone was excited to get a little raise after getting our wages cut by 6$/hr in February, but it seems we're getting screwed once again.

I'm trying to stick it out for a driving position but this place makes it very hard to do so.

Yes and no

What ever happened to equal pay for equal work?