COLA

Mrs. Perry aside. I have a serious question. Ok, so dose the COLA just disappear once you reach seniority and receive the contractual raise?

When I started my primary wage was base+ .15c. Once I reached Seniority I received my contractual raise; however, it was minus the COLA.

I came across this while looking for something about vacations in the master agreement.

Anyways, Article 33 of the master states : All Cost of living paid under this agreement will become and remain a fixed part of the base wage rate for all job classifications.

I may reading this wrong but the FIXED sticks out. I wasn't even looking for this. I think I am owed money.

By The Book

Mrs. Perry aside. I have a serious question. Ok, so dose the COLA just disappear once you reach seniority and receive the contractual raise?

When I started my primary wage was base+ .15c. Once I reached Seniority I received my contractual raise; however, it was minus the COLA.

I came across this while looking for something about vacations in the master agreement.

Anyways, Article 33 of the master states : All Cost of living paid under this agreement will become and remain a fixed part of the base wage rate for all job classifications.

I may reading this wrong but the FIXED sticks out. I wasn't even looking for this. I think I am owed money.
Has anybody else in your center received a cola increase?

Has anybody else in your center received a cola increase?
I don't really go around asking about monies unless I am talking with the person who is in charge of payroll and i'm being honest. I was just reading the master agreement and found that wording. Then I thought about it and went back and looked at few of my old pay stubs and noticed the COLA disappeared from my base wage. And now after reading that and looking up those specific words (base wage/ fixed) in different financial dictionaries. I think I may have come across a breach of contract. Or I may just be sleepy.

By The Book

I don't really go around asking about monies unless I am talking with the person who is in charge of payroll and i'm being honest. I was just reading the master agreement and found that wording. Then I thought about it and went back and looked at few of my old pay stubs and noticed the COLA disappeared from my base wage. And now after reading that and looking up those specific words (base wage/ fixed) in different financial dictionaries. I think I may have come across a breach of contract. Or I may just be sleepy.
You should ask your business agent this question. I received 1 in my career and it was added to my base rate and hasn't been removed.

rod

Retired 22 years
According to your government --due to the fact that gas is so cheap there will hardly be any COLA for this year. Those on SS have been informed that maybe if you are lucky you might see a 3 to 5 dollar a month increase. Maybe--but don't count on it. There was no COLA in 2015 either.

COLA raises once granted cannot be rescinded at a later date; however, future raises could be offset by the COLA amount which, in essence, would do the same.

I have no idea what this means. But, according to the master I am contractually obligated to the raise and the COLA as stated in the master. I will ask today but i have a feeling payroll is going to try and dissuade me from pursuing, at that point i will be filing my very first grievance. I not going to lie, i'm excited.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have no idea what this means. But, according to the master I am contractually obligated to the raise and the COLA as stated in the master. I will ask today but i have a feeling payroll is going to try and dissuade me from pursuing, at that point i will be filing my very first grievance. I not going to lie, i'm excited.
Don't worry UpstateNYUPSer has no idea either, when it comes to contractual issues.
Now if you need an expert in Men's Room graffiti, he's your guy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

COLA raises are not arbitrarily handed out. I have been here for 28 years and only remember receiving one.