College degree

floridays

His money, his decision.
Agreed, great message however.
That was sarcasm, on the great message part.

My names Jimmy, take all you'll gimme.

He's promoting hands out beggars, and next time the cash will not come from his pocket.
Can't wait for some of these bozos election to public office.

I'd like the names of each to track how many go into personal business or "government service."
Just a thought.

P

pickup

He's promoting hands out beggars, and next time the cash will not come from his pocket.

I'd like the names of each to track how many go into personal business or "government service."
Just a thought.

It’s a back end financial aid grant.

Equivalent of a death bed giving yourself to Jesus kind of moment - all debt forgiven.

floridays

It’s a back end financial aid grant.

Equivalent of a death bed giving yourself to Jesus kind of moment - all debt forgiven.
The only difference is no one knows when they will die, if they did they wouldn't wake up that morning,. You understand my point.
College debt payment commences on a certain day, the date is known by all parties involved, no matter the deal which was cut.
I do understand the analogy you attempt, but all all sinners, all don't know or own debt for college.
That was a part of @moreluck 's point I believe.

By the way, I'm all for death bed conversions. No one has to perish.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If you told your kid to work for his education, you'd be pissed now!!! Unless the story didn't cover if he made it equal for all.
No different than a kid with a deceased parent going to college for free when the same kid that has two working parents leaves with 80k in debt. Why should one leave college debt free?

moreluck

golden ticket member
No different than a kid with a deceased parent going to college for free when the same kid that has two working parents leaves with 80k in debt. Why should one leave college debt free?
Afford it or don't go.....find another field. The world needs mechanics and plumbers, not just art majors!

P

pickup

Things are not just given.....where's the work ethic? It sure doesn't mimic the real world!! Just buy a lottery ticket, you don't have to work to pay back anything!

So do you feel the same way when someone wins the lottery? Do you feel the same way when someone hits the wheel of fortune slots jackpot in Vegas?

Do you feel the same way when one kid is born into a rich family in the first world and another kid is born into a poor family in the 3rd world?

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pickup

Just a thought.

So I guess you would have similar issues with the vineyard owner who as described in Matthew 20 went out to hire workers at different times throughout the day and essentially paid a higher hourly wage to those he hired later.

You could say he encouraged the latter hires to be lazy in the future knowing a late hire in the day could bail them out.

Is it not lawful for this man to do with what his own? (Paraphrasing Matthew 20:15)

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
So do you feel the same way when someone wins the lottery? Do you feel the same way when someone hits the wheel of fortune slots jackpot in Vegas?

Do you feel the same way when one kid is born into a rich family in the first world and another kid is born into a poor family in the 3rd world?
When it comes to Vegas, you do have to PLAY …If you hit The wheel of fortune, you probably put in a lot of $$$.... lottery too. Can't win without a ticket being bought.
I'm Anti-freeloader!!!...…

You come into this world and you play the hand you are dealt!!