Comedy night for teamster United...

BrownBrokeDown

For UPS employees/retirees? It saved their butts.
It did. It would save all the active and still functioning company's retirees butts too. But the retirees from now defunct companies would quickly find themselves without a pension at all. Not all of them made anywhere close to UPS wages during their lifetimes. So a group of people would be thrust into possibly living on a SS income only.

804brown

I agree, but Tim needs to come out on SOMETHING and state the specifics of how he would have done ANYTHING differently. Its hard to judge TU when all we get is "HH is crap and I would do better". We need specifics/plans/ideas/something in order to actually make an informed decision.
Specific plans are coming. Some he has already spoken about. He constantly speaks of his record in Local 804 and his tactics. Tim consistently talks of his plans to focus heavily on organizing as the key to a stronger union since that is where he comes from. He can't speak about hypotheticals but he can speak of his approach that has worked for him in Local 804.
So far Tim has laid out the problems and who hasn't addressed them in 16 years in office. Further, he is laying out a template for how he and his E/B promised a 10 point plan of action and how they implemented that plan over the 6 years. What he is saying is he makes promises and keeps them.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I understand. But Tim was not in the room when these deals were made. I'm sure the whole Amazon thing was a factor but I hope if Tim is ever in that situation and thought it necessary, that he would get AT LEAST SOMETHING for that major concession off the bat. Hall did not.
You don't know what happened in that room nor does Tim. Its so easy to throw stones from the bleachers.