Onroad whining about Teamsters making so much more than he will

PoirotAtUPS

They will make it right by taking away their “wildly” popular MIP stock…should be the last nail in the coffin.
Another “management“ member who hasn’t followed the math - MIP is being phased out - management no longer faces a 5 year stock vest - they don’t even have to own stock now - they lost their pension - their healthcare premiums are considerable - its only a matter of time until UPS won’t be able find decent management - they certainly won’t be able to keep them. The quality of management will continue to deteriorate.

Work your methods and make sure you know your steward.

Sup vs. driver? No question - drive; however, you have to be able to do the job. Everyone wants the wage but few are capable of doing the job, day in day out for 30+ years.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Another “management“ member who hasn’t followed the math - MIP is being phased out - management no longer faces a 5 year stock vest - they don’t even have to own stock now - they lost their pension - their healthcare premiums are considerable - its only a matter of time until UPS won’t be able find decent management - they certainly won’t be able to keep them. The quality of management will continue to deteriorate.
1690744982652409.jpg

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
I love how this bearded , tattooed Onroad is whining about how the teamsters will make so much more than he does if the contract passes. He also whines about how management pensions are gone and the Teamsters pension grew. I love how he realizes he made a terrible choice being “promoted”
I know i sound like Grandpa but back in my day Partners whined to each other lol
“My” drivers. That choice of word says a lot.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Perhaps it is anecdotal, but every non-hourly I happen to run into complains that the hourlies have much better compensation including benefits. Maybe they are "trained" to say that to brainwash "stupid" hourlies...
They do not train us to say that, its just the comments about how management compensation works from people who are not in management and do not know how it works.

To be fair, you would get a different answer from any management person you asked about our compensation.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
The UPS Retirement Plan was started in 1961..from what I know those who qualify for a 25 or 30 year pension will get half their base salaries, for example a two unit center manager generally will get an annual salary of 130,000 to 150,000 their final retirement benefit will be 1/2.

So you are looking like something like 65,000 or more a year. Last I heard it is based on their last five years or whatever is higher.

I do not know if their MIP is included with that pension formula.

There has been a lot of changes in that plan but it always favors the higher level partners.

Those previous pension credits under those management pension plans are protected by law. They will get those promised pension benefits even if they recently froze any further improvements or vesting time. The Company then gave them substantial raises in order to start their own (matched) 401k’s as a replacement.

All a shell game…

@Dragon will do well… no worries…

Signed: an idiot

Excellent post...

Dragon

Package Center Manager
their healthcare premiums are considerable,

that is the big sticking point with almost all of management. Not asking for it to be free but it could be whole lot less.

We do control how much we give to the health care companies to manage it, correct?

So we could increase the benefit?

This is the part where my partners chime in...

What'dyabringmetoday???

They do not train us to say that, its just the comments about how management compensation works from people who are not in management and do not know how it works.

To be fair, you would get a different answer from any management person you asked about our compensation.
If they are still at UPS must be the compensation is satisfactory...

dudebro

The grass is always greener out there. And in some cases people leave ups and find they're a better fit for other companies. I know a lot of people who've come back though too.

WRT ORS compensation, there's also a narrative out there that PT and FT mgmt cheer the Union on because an increase in driver and inside pay means an increase in mgmt pay to keep up, even cosmetically

Also, they may have stopped funding mgmt pension, but, for LT mgmt the 401k match in place of the pension is significantly more than the 3-3.5% base they advertise, and many of us would rather get the funding in our retirement directly instead of through a pension fund.

Lastly, I mostly see people compare ORS vs driver. Most of us who join mgmt, at least in the beginning, don't plan on remaining in an ORS role their entire career. Comparing manager (98%) or director (far and away) pay to a driver is always a win for mgmt.

nWo

When I started all the supervisors and managers either had 4 year degrees or were in school. Now a bunch of our ft sups only have 2 year degrees and our pt sups are mentally retarded.

Thebrownblob

When I started all the supervisors and managers either had 4 year degrees or were in school. Now a bunch of our ft sups only have 2 year degrees and our pt sups are mentally retarded.
When I started almost all of the on road Supervisors and Center Manager’s had done the job that they’re trying to tell me how to do. Now almost none of them have, or can.

Karma...

there are many benefits in being in management such as money, time off, retirement, superior 401k, transfers, respect, physical ease and the joy in working with teamsters...

Thebrownblob

there are many benefits in being in management such as money, time off, retirement, superior 401k, transfers, respect, physical ease and the joy in working with teamsters...

It’s very early in the day, but I believe it’s safe to say you’ve earned this already. Well done, sir. Well done.
1691926040054.jpeg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
When I started almost all of the on road Supervisors and Center Manager’s had done the job that they’re trying to tell me how to do. Now almost none of them have, or can.
My first Onroad who trained me pretty much knew every route in his sup group…at least could run it and have the basic knowledge of the route. Routes had their assigned streets and work and the cuts were pretty much the same when they had to do adds or subtractions ...now it’s a joke.
respect??? Seriously??

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
My first Onroad who trained me pretty much knew every route in his sup group…at least could run it and have the basic knowledge of the route. Routes had their assigned streets and work and the cuts were pretty much the same when they had to do adds or subtractions ...now it’s a joke.

respect??? Seriously??
That guy is hittin the pipe