Comments on Carol Tome's Opening Remarks as New CEO

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
"We will focus on the wildly important and look to simplify where we can. Our actions will make for happier UPSers." - Carol Tome (paraphrase)

I like the sound of that!
She is talking about stockholders, not the union workers.

A Wallation® would read like this:

..We must cut jobs and use creative measures to circumvent union rules whenever possible. This and other means will insure profits, and as an extension, raise our stock price, which surely will please our stockholders...

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
All you have to do is have a "service connected disability" for a 10% off everything at Home Depot. Some HD's give 10% off to ANY Veteran.
They don't even ask for proof. Just say yes at the register to get your discount.

rod

Retired 22 years
They don't even ask for proof. Just say yes at the register to get your discount.
Around here you have to show you Military ID card with the words "service connected" on it. I have noticed other areas of the country are more laxed on their policys---which is too bad because that will ruin it for those who it was designed to help.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Reading her remarks....I’m glad she is at the very least addressing the chaos around us. No buried head in the sand. She’s off to a good start.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
"We will focus on the wildly important and look to simplify where we can. Our actions will make for happier UPSers." - Carol Tome (paraphrase)

I like the sound of that!
Hopefully, her policies will result in more flexibility and empowerment at the local level.
Top down control in a company as large as UPS does not work any better than top down control by the USA National Government!