Communication

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Thank you, your post makes sooo much sense.. I can see why everyone acts the way they do now.. I won't bother to post any further. I appreciate the heads up...and yes I have used the search button and cannot find a direct answer.. Everything is vague but now I see why...

You're welcome! I knew if Shaggy and I got on the case it would be solved. It's these others and their hijinx that make it bad for everyone.

And since you are throwing around props, I might as well get mine. When I said it might be you, let's re-cap:
You name the thread "communication" but yet it takes you 5 posts to get to WTF you really want to know.

What I have learned so far is some people get hired off the street to drive full time and 99 percent of everyone else start at rock bottom. This is the norm?

I gave you a direct answer, see below:
Yes. It's called a ratio of inside workers to outside workers getting hired.

And now for the real question...
May I ask, how do they decide who is the lucky one that gets to drive and not load etc.?

And here is your answer:
It's called what you filled an application out for. Did you apply for a package handler job or driving job? That's the 1st clue how they decide. The 2nd is they put a sheet up somewhere in the magical building that asks a very direct question...who wants to go drive. Yes, you do have to put your name on that list we don't have very many real psychics working for us.

Was that clear enough for you or do I need to condense it and Tweet it?

mythical

The one who does not exists
You're welcome! I knew if Shaggy and I got on the case it would be solved. It's these others and their hijinx that make it bad for everyone.

And since you are throwing around props, I might as well get mine. When I said it might be you, let's re-cap:
You name the thread "communication" but yet it takes you 5 posts to get to WTF you really want to know.

I gave you a direct answer, see below:

And now for the real question...

And here is your answer:
It's called what you filled an application out for. Did you apply for a package handler job or driving job? That's the 1st clue how they decide. The 2nd is they put a sheet up somewhere in the magical building that asks a very direct question...who wants to go drive. Yes, you do have to put your name on that list we don't have very many real psychics working for us.

Was that clear enough for you or do I need to condense it and Tweet it?
First, much respect for all who take the time to answer and or point me in the right direction..
Yes, you did answer, for the record.. I did apply for a ft. driver and that was the opportunity online. They made the entire group of us pre-loader/cover driver/airdriver... I am like what is this?

scooby0048

First, much respect for all who take the time to answer and or point me in the right direction..
Yes, you did answer, for the record.. I did apply for a ft. driver and that was the opportunity online. They made the entire group of us pre-loader/cover driver/airdriver... I am like what is this?
Sounds like what they do when you are hired as a seasonal. Better go back and check the job listing.

scooby0048

Job listing - Pre-loader
WTF am I missing? You apply for a preloader position and wonder why you are not driving? That would explain things a bit. You are probably being hired as a seasonal loader and HR promised that you would be a driver right?

mythical

WTF am I missing? You apply for a preloader position and wonder why you are not driving? That would explain things a bit. You are probably being hired as a seasonal loader and HR promised that you would be a driver right?
No no no, I applied for a ft. Driver position when I get to the hub they said the title was changed to pre-loader/cover driver/air...

scooby0048

No no no, I applied for a ft. Driver position when I get to the hub they said the title was changed to pre-loader/cover driver/air...

Oh wait, I bet they are grooming you for what's called a 22.4 job. Go ask HR again what you will be doing. We are getting ready to hire seasonals as well. Something does not sound right.

mythical

Oh wait, I bet they are grooming you for what's called a 22.4 job. Go ask HR again what you will be doing. We are getting ready to hire seasonals as well. Something does not sound right.
They definitely said it wasn't seasonal but you are probably right about the whole new job thing... I will try to find out more and will update when I get more Information.....