Communication

IESucks

New to the UPS world... I see it's extremely difficult to get answers from co-workers, sups, and management etc.. Everyone seems to be angry and or to themselves.. Question, is it best to ask questions in this forum or continue trying via the employees within the company?
That's because nobody knows and everybody hates their job. Us retired guys love to be sarcastic here.its a lose lose situation

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
New to the UPS world... I see it's extremely difficult to get answers from co-workers, sups, and management etc.. Everyone seems to be angry and or to themselves.. Question, is it best to ask questions in this forum or continue trying via the employees within the company?
Ask @Turdferguson. No need to waste your time. He's a gentleman and scholar who's always eager to help.

Observer

Remember the work environment is like being back in middle school with all of the drama. The bigger the hub the more drama and underhandness. Ask the same question to 3 different sups you will receive 3 different answers.Get your contract and supplement book and LEARN them. Some hubs have good informing stewards others not so much. You will find company does not want you to ask union questions during work hours. Find out where your local is and also your stewards. As you read the threads here you will notice some locals and members are active and assist their members with questions. You will learn communication is not always so good. ALWAYS keep track of your hours. People get cheated all the time. There appears to be less rumblings about sups in the smaller hubs. Go to your union hall meetings if you can. It will give you the information about what the issues in your hub are. You will have some rough days but that's in all jobs. Be informed. Trust no one. GOOD LUCK!

mythical

The one who does not exists
Remember the work environment is like being back in middle school with all of the drama. The bigger the hub the more drama and underhandness. Ask the same question to 3 different sups you will receive 3 different answers.Get your contract and supplement book and LEARN them. Some hubs have good informing stewards others not so much. You will find company does not want you to ask union questions during work hours. Find out where your local is and also your stewards. As you read the threads here you will notice some locals and members are active and assist their members with questions. You will learn communication is not always so good. ALWAYS keep track of your hours. People get cheated all the time. There appears to be less rumblings about sups in the smaller hubs. Go to your union hall meetings if you can. It will give you the information about what the issues in your hub are. You will have some rough days but that's in all jobs. Be informed. Trust no one. GOOD LUCK!
Amen to that! I sit and think a company worth billions can't have trouble with communication. When you think with all the success, this must be a great company to work for.. Every job has its issues etc. But when a new member comes on board, he or she should be well informed of the workings of the company. Not feel like your are throw into the abyss.. There are good people out there, one has to find his or her way through the trenches..

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!

I got a tape recorder I listen to myself sometimes.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Amen to that! I sit and think a company worth billions can't have trouble with communication. When you think with all the success, this must be a great company to work for.. Every job has its issues etc. But when a new member comes on board, he or she should be well informed of the workings of the company. Not feel like your are throw into the abyss.. There are good people out there, one has to find his or her way through the trenches..

The company wants you to feel like you are in the “abyss”

The less you know the more they can dick you around and you don’t even know it