Communication

john chesney

New to the UPS world... I see it's extremely difficult to get answers from co-workers, sups, and management etc.. Everyone seems to be angry and or to themselves.. Question, is it best to ask questions in this forum or continue trying via the employees within the company?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Yes, They said both... load for now and if I am needed to drive they will inform me prior to...
OMG my damn head is spinning. That's why you are not driving. If there was driving work to be done you'd be doing it. Until you are qualifying or driving for the season, that's most likely what you will be doing...inside stuff. You are not even a qualified employee yet for ANY classification.

mythical

The one who does not exists
OMG my damn head is spinning. That's why you are not driving. If there was driving work to be done you'd be doing it. Until you are qualifying or driving for the season, that's most likely what you will be doing...inside stuff. You are not even a qualified employee yet for ANY classification.
I understand, that's the most clarifying statement I've heard... :thumbup1:

Last edited:

mythical

Great now we can change the title of this thread to "questions about driving". I'm still standing by my original thought of maybe it was you theory. lol
Lmao!!!! As you wish... hey brother, you are probably right... since I am new to the company, I am just trying to wrap my head around how things work that's all... no harm, no foul...

scooby0048

I understand, that's the most clarifying statement of heard... :thumbup1:

The good news is that you most likely will be driving soon. The bad news is if you are a seasonal you will be gone in mid January. If you are truly a FT driver, then after January, it's feast or famine and you might not drive for a long time unless qualifying or becoming a 22.4 employee.

scooby0048

@mythical I don't appreciate you making me be all helpful this early in the season. I am usually not this nice until the 1st week of December.

That's Xmas Scooby

mythical

The good news is that you most likely will be driving soon. The bad news is if you are a seasonal you will be gone in mid January. If you are truly a FT driver, then after January, it's feast or famine and you might not drive for a long time unless qualifying or becoming a 22.4 employee.
To properly answer you, they stated I am not seasonal but I don't have a ft. Driver title neither...
And what you stated about 22.4 is what I have to learn etc...

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
New to the UPS world... I see it's extremely difficult to get answers from co-workers, sups, and management etc.. Everyone seems to be angry and or to themselves.. Question, is it best to ask questions in this forum or continue trying via the employees within the company?
I wait a month or two to acknowledge new faces. The revolving door just spins so fast that it is taxing to greet every new person.
You posted a lot so I will cover a few bases:
1. If you join union, stay union unless you are seeking to leave UPS in less than 5 years, maybe 10. It is not bad however to leverage your resume and prior experience to immediately take ANYTHING THAT IS NOT PT SUP. PT sup is a deathtrap, don't do it.
2. Your seasonal status depends on your local supplement. All permanent FT employees still must complete 30 days to gain union seniority. You will not accrue seniority days in the seasonal period unless you have been hired and worked before October 1st in the western region supplement
Western Region Supplement said:
Any full-time employee hired prior to October 1st of any year shall continue to accrue seniority during this seasonal period in accordance with the seniority provision of this agreement
3. Once you gain seniority, you were hired as a FT driver, not a 22.4, so throw that bit in the trash.

Last edited:

scooby0048

To properly answer you, they stated I am not seasonal but I don't have a ft. Driver title neither...
And what you stated about 22.4 is what I have to learn etc...
You aren't anything until you attain seniority and qualify. 22.4 is a job that works inside sometimes and drives sometimes.

mythical

I wait a month or two to acknowledge new faces. The revolving door just spins so fast that it is taxing to greet every new person.
You posted a lot so I will cover a few bases:
1. If you join union, stay union unless you are seeking to leave UPS in less than 5 years, maybe 10. It is not bad however to leverage your resume and prior experience to immediately take ANYTHING THAT IS NOT PT SUP. PT sup is a deathtrap, don't do it.
2. Your seasonal status depends on your local supplement. All permanent FT employees still must complete 30 days to gain union seniority. You will not accrue seniority days in the seasonal period unless you have been hired and worked before October 1st in the western region supplement

3. Once you gain seniority, you were hired as a FT driver, not a 22.4, so throw that bit in the trash.
I appreciate the honesty and thank you for giving me some knowledge about the company and information that directly effects me...just an fyi, I am in central Florida.. Is that southern region supplement?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I appreciate the honesty and thank you for giving me some knowledge about the company and information that directly effects me...just an fyi, I am in central Florida.. Is that southern region supplement?
You would have to ask someone else about central florida/southern