confederate flag?

av8torntn

I'm older than you, and your father together ...

116? Dang that certainly explains it. Not that you will ever remember reading this but congratulations on such a long life!!

Not that you can remember, but how was life before everyone had electricity? Did you ever meet Mark Twain? Were you in the frontier wars? What was your favorite horse? Did you ever live in a log cabin?

I know you're on borrowed time but so many questions for such a small amount of time remaining.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I think there's a ton of southerners (myself included) that see it as a symbol of southern pride. Nothing more.

I have a question for you, @Brownslave688.

I am a born and raised northerner. How should I feel about all the wannabe rednecks up my way with their Stars and Bars plastered across the back windows of their jacked-up, oil-burning pickups?

Do you think any pride is involved?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I am a born and raised northerner. How should I feel about all the wannabe rednecks up my way with their Stars and Bars plastered across the back windows of their jacked-up, oil-burning pickups?

There are Neanderthals everywhere and their rights of expression are just as sacred as our Homo rights.

T

Turdferguson

Same way people in India feel about the Nazis taking over their symbol and using it for hate

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Everyone has a right to express themselves within the laws.

I doubt many people here wouldn't feel at least a little uneasy if a bearded turbine wearing man were on their plane. Doesn't mean I think they should all be banned because they make me uneasy.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbsam

Staff member
I know you think you are an Atheist but anyone can gain understanding from the Parable of the Prodigal Son.
I am anything but an atheist and you might do yoursyouyourself some good in studying all the implications of the entire Prodigal Son story. There are multiple relationships that hold important meanings.